• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Urgency is the Key - Cincinnati Game Saturday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

It is urgent that we win our Homecoming Game against Cincinnati on Saturday.  To be down 0-3 in BE play with only tough opponents remaining would be catastrophic.  The coaching staff should have been urgent starting in the 2nd half against Pitt, they should have had a sense of urgency against UConn and obviously didn't.  We're now down to Cincy and I expect there to be some sort of urgency indicated on the offensive, defensive, and special teams.  The coaching staff must pull out all stops to get a win or they are failing at their jobs.

Keys to a win:

1. They MUST throw the forward, downfield pass.  Bubble screens will get picked off - guaranteed - and you heard it here first because I know they will try it and so does Cincy.  Mix up the pass and run.  Please, do not run on first and second every series only to have 3rd and long.  We'll get killed.

2.  They must play aggressive defense the entire game.  If they go soft zone the way they did on occassion against McEntee, Collaros will shred them.  Look at how Louisville countered Collaros with blitzing and aggressive man-to-man coverage.

3.  They must have a fast linebacker (Lanaris ain't it!) shadowing Collaros for when he breaks through the line for a QB run.

4.  They must keep Pead under 100 yards for the day.  If he gallops free, it's game over.

5.  They must play smashmouth football and want it more than anything in their entire life at that time.  It's only 3 hours investment but having another loss will seem like an eternity.  They must rise beyond their potential.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,712
  • Days Won:  109

I'm posting just so you have 1 post on this topic.  The rest of the board is too busy laughing at the prospect of more than one of those things happening.

And maybe we can add that it would help to have 50K at the game. 

Please don't take this personally.  I'm just freaking fed up.  I just got back from vacation and quickly FF through the game.

This team pretty much just $ucks.  That is what I get for coming into the season with more optimism that I usually do.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Thanks for the 1 post CR.  Since we met in El Paso I've always known you as a non-fair-weather fan, which means when you are ready to give up on a team it means something.  I am so upset with the leadership on this team at the coaching and player levels, I am barely able to bite my tongue.  Thankfully the Sheriff has been picking up my slack  ;)

Archived