• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Would we be better off joining the MWC football only?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

I know this sounds rediculous, and that's because it is, but does anyone think we'd be better off applying for the MWC football only rather than joining C-USA?

Lets assume the worst case scenario happens and the BE completely collapses, leaving us behind. Rutgers & Uconn to ACC; WVU, Cincy and UL to B12.

Its looking more and more like we're not on the radar for the B12 or ACC, and those are clearly the only AQ options we'd have.

Assuming this happens, would you guys prefer going FB only to the MWC and keeping the rest of our sports in the Big East? We'd still be in an elite basketball conference and good olympic sport conference, and we'd at least be in a league with some shot at an AQ and could save face by not going back to C-USA.

League would look like this:

Air Force

Boise St.

Colorado St.

Fresno St.

Hawaii

Nevada

New Meixco

San Diego St.

South Florida

UNLV

Wyoming

Maybe add SMU or Houston to replace TCU in Texas.

Obviously this ***** but with us and BSU we'd have a shot at remaining semi-relevant. I personally would much prefer this to having to come crawling back to C-USA, and we'd at least get to stay in the BE for non FB, which is still very strong.

Dont get me wrong, I dont think this is an AQ. If MWC couldnt get an AQ with TCU, BYU, and Utah, theres no way they get it with Boise St. and USF as their headliners, but its a better league tan C-USA.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Never even thought of that, at least you are thinking outside of the box.  Any interest in replacing Mariachi (play on words, I know how to spell) as BE commissioner?

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

lol ok lets fly to Hawaii for a road game. Then fly back home. Then fly to Fresno, California.

how-about-no-bear.jpg

• Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

Hawaii being in there really sucks, Im not sure what they were thinking when they added them.

Still, I'd much prefer this to rejoining conference USA. I fly to CA for work quite a bit, and its not really that bad, 5 hours there, 4 back.

Never even thought of that, at least you are thinking outside of the box.  Any interest in replacing Mariachi (play on words, I know how to spell) as BE commissioner?

I cant imagine he survives this. Even the non-fb schools have to be able to see how incompetant he is. Im guessing the only reason he hasnt been ousted now is the FB schools all want out and electing a stronger leader may make things more difficult or more public.

The new BE would look like:

DePaul

Georgetown

Marquette

Notre Dame

Providene

St. Johns

Seton Hall

South Florida

Villanova

With only 9 schools, I could see them adding a few more

Massachussets

Virginia Commonwealth or George Mason

Xavier

would be my choices. Not a bad league, we could certainly do a lot worse. I guess the question at that point would just be do they vote USF out and just go with a northeastern catholic league, which I could definitely see happening.

Archived