• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Talent

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Well, I am taking a few days off from posting. There really isn't much to say, we looked like Ball State in that game, we're better than that (I hope), and I have faith that we'll get it turned around. This may not be our year for a BE title though. Hopefully this will be the last year of the BE, we'll get picked up somewhere else, and then have to start building to compete there. I still love this program and feel like the sky is the limit, we have to remember that we're young and we can't expect everything to happen instantly.

With that said...

I long for the day when we have a coach that plays the players with the most natural talent and potential.

We all see the glaring weaknesses. I don't think we have the players in the secondary that we used to, that happens, we're doing the best we can there...

Lanaris - everyone likes the kid, but, Barrington is a natural Mike. He played well there last year. Now, in order to get Lanaris on the field, Sam is playing out of position at Sam. I feel like we would be better off with someone else on the strong side and Barrington back in the middle, but, since they made that decision a month ago, it's probably too late. I doubt that, keeping Barrington at Sam, we have anyone better at Mike.

Grissom/McKaskill - Watson is a better player than both. He'll make freshman mistakes, but, he's the better choice.

WR - Love may be out again, waiting on news there. In any event, our WRs should be, in this order... Griffin, Love, Davis/Gonzales. Spot in Lamar and Mitchell for certain plays. Marc, Miller, Bravo-Brown, Welch, etc. etc. etc. Should not be the "go-to" guys on 3rd and blitz. Again, decisions made a month ago, so, rotating 52 players at that position in the last 3 weeks leaves us with no one on the same page. The freshmen will make mistakes, but, they are both NATURAL WRs and give us a better chance to make plays. We're in year 2 with only one real threat. Griffin is a beast. (Landi and Shields at TE are weapons too).

It just seems like a never ending battle of playing seniors, walk-ons, and guys who work really hard instead of the most talented players. I'd much rather lose with future stud WRs on the field than future attorney's who work really hard but aren't that good and never will be.

I admire all of these kids and it's not a personal attack on any of them, but, in the words of Jim Mora... YOU PLAY THE GAME TO WIN.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

I admire all of these kids and it's not a personal attack on any of them, but, in the words of Jim Mora... YOU PLAY THE GAME TO WIN.

I thought that was Herm Edwards?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Crap, you're right. Mora did "PLAYOFFS !?!"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

Crap, you're right. Mora did "PLAYOFFS !?!"

But your thread title is very apropos, though .... Pitt has consistently been in the top half of the conference in recruiting, they just now have a coach, one without his head stuck up his ass, to get the most out of them.

Archived