• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Amarri Jackson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

So is he going to play basketball too? Where does McCullum stand on him?

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

He wouldn't take up a basketball scholarship, so I'm sure McCullum will be happy to have him and use him as needed.

I think McCullum was going to go watch him play the other day according to an article I read.

Here was mention of that:

In basketball, Jackson averaged 18.3 points and 7.9 rebounds per game with 68 assists, 77 steals and 16 blocked shots his senior year.

"The coaches (at USF) told me they were going to work me at receiver and quarterback and whatever happens, happens," Jackson said. "I chose USF because I've had a good relationship with a lot of the coaches since high school.

"They are moving into the Big East and will play Miami. ... That is a big thing."

Jackson says he's gotten the approval of USF head football coach Jim Leavitt and head basketball coach Robert McCullum to play both sports.

"Coach Leavitt told me he was cool with it and just to make sure I focus on football with off-season workouts," Jackson said.

Riverview High head basketball coach Jim Ward said he spoke to McCullum and the Bulls coach said he was not opposed to a person playing football and basketball.

"I talked with coach McCullum and they are waiting to go see him play.

"But he said he was OK with Amarri playing two sports," Ward said. "Penn State was also recruiting Amarri for basketball. Georgia wanted Amarri for football out of high school, but we felt it was best for him to play basketball because you get better supervision with only 12 players and that is what he needed then."  

http://www.usfbullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Prospects;action=display;num=1106157254;start=4#4

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

I don't know about that but JL stated on 620wdae the other day that this kid had a long jump of 29 feet so I cant wait till this season lets strap it up

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

25 29 who cares the kid can jump

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

hope he pans out in bball

that would be an in your face to c ingram as he kisses pine four the next four years in both sports

Maybe he can compte in track as well. Sounds like he has a shot at the olympics if he is already jumping 25 feet.  ;D