• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Raymond James Stadium Hurdlers

Who will hurdle more defenders this season?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Déjà vu  ;D

Scott_Hurdle.jpg

November 20, 2008

Homer Alert! CU's Darrell Scott Solid as a Rock

Darrell Scott came to the University of Colorado Boulder as the best recruit the CU has seen in a while. He was the top running back recruit in the 2008 class out of high school and the Big XII newcomer of the year. Expectations were skyhigh, almost to an unrealistic point.

Scott and Uncle, Josh Smith, jerseys flew out of campus bookstores and everyone was on the bandwagon. That is until Scott started being held out of games with nagging knee and ankle injuries for most of the year. Though Scott showed flashes of brillian on the gridiron, he was mostly an observer from the sidelines in the 08-09 NCAA season. Meanwhile, Josh Smith wasn't having the best time focusing from play to play. Though Smith is in the top 15 of return yardage nationally, his season has been marked with mental lapses resulting in fumbles and dropped balls.

Every time Scott seems healthy for a week, he'd try to go 100% and pick up another ding to his leg. All the injuries added up to a subpar freshman season and rumors of Scott transferring. Scott put those fears to rest today, "I don't know what those people are talking about," Scott said. "Whatever they're talking about, it's bull. If I wasn't going to be here, I wouldn't have decided to come to Colorado. It's as simple as that. I'm here."

I for one am hoping Scott is able to heal up and make a big impact on the Nebraska game. The Greyskirt defense that Bo Pelini is trying to fix is still uncertain of themselves and vulnerable. Meanwhile CU's biggest perceived weakness, the defensive secondary, has turned out to be solid this year! I foresee a good tight game in Lincoln and with the Buffs needing the win to make the postseason, I don't think Colorado fans will be let down.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

After Saturday's game, I recalled that Raymond James Stadium has another running back with a predilection for hurdling over defenders-Legarrette Blount.

Who do you think will have more hurdles this season, Blount or Scott?

Better question: Who do you think will punch more opposing players in the face? 

8va

I think that's a tie for zero.

Blount has matured since that incident and is unlikely to let some idiot insulting his family get to him.

Archived