• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

<p>

Commentary

IMG Madden 7-on-7 Day 1 notes

Updated: March 24, 2012, 10:40 PM ETBy Corey Long and Derek Tyson | RecruitingNation

BRADENTON, Fla. -- Winter Park (Fla.) High School quarterback Asiantii Woulard might be South Florida's top recruiter by the time signing day rolls around.

The 6-foot-3, 210-pound junior committed to the Bulls earlier in the year and maintains a strong relationship with the coaching staff. And quite often the Bulls' staff takes recruiting advice from their future signal caller.

"They ask me about other players and stuff so I tell them the guys that I think are good," said Woulard, who was competing at the IMG Madden 7-on-7 Southeast Regional qualifying event. "The coaches know what they are doing but whenever they ask for my opinion I will throw it in."

Woulard is currently keeping his best recruiting efforts in house.

"I'm trying to get my teammate, Blake McClain, to USF with me," Woulard said. "I'd love for him to be part of the family."

Woulard will join his former top target at Winter Park, wide receiver D'Vario Montgomery, in Tampa at the end of the year. Woulard says he hasn't caught up with his former teammate but he expects to soon.

"Right now D'Vario is doing his thing so we haven't even talked about being teammates yet," Woulard said. "But I understand because I have to work with my current teammates and he's got to do what USF asks of him."

Not surprisingly, other programs continue to keep tabs on the talents dual-threat player.

"Syracuse is still talking to me and so is FIU, Florida State, Georgia Tech and a few other schools," Woulard added. "I still speak with other coaches, I'm going to take some visits.

"You don't want to limit your options."

Woulard was happy with his performance Saturday but upset he didn't get a chance to meet Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton, who made a quick appearance at the IMG 7-on-7 regional event.

"I wanted to meet him but he came up right after we starting playing," Woulard said. "He's my favorite quarterback and the player I model my game after.

"No one in the league can do what he does, especially at his size."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7733300/img-southeast-showcase-notebook

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

As a Bull fan I don't like when he says "you don't want to limit your options." he seems so committed to USF, but then you read this quote and it makes you go hmmmmmmm.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

Yeah and where is his USF hat that he usually wears lol? Hopefully he doesn't get too popular and stays a Bull.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  423
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah and where is his USF hat that he usually wears lol? Hopefully he doesn't get too popular and stays a Bull.

Thats just his High School Hat Winter Park Wild Cats The Bulls are fine

He has approx 200 letters from D-1 schools in all the big confrences and has been in constant communication with them since last season but he loves the Bulls

IMG 7on7 day one standouts

Barton Simmons

14 hours ago

BRADENTON, Fla. – If you’re looking for skill players, Florida is a good place to start and one of the best events to showcase skill players in the state of Florida is the IMG Madden 7on7 Southeast Regional.

The event showcases talent from every corner of the state with 16 teams competing in the two-day tournament. Things kicked off on Saturday at the IMG Academies in Bradenton, FL and right away a few players stepped up and emerged as some of the tournament’s best.

With a full day of work left to go, we take a look at the early standouts at each position.

Quarterback

Asiantii Woulard, Winter Park - At 6-4, 200 pounds, Woulard can make a strong case for the most physically imposing quarterback at Saturday’s event. He’s got a great frame and a strong arm to go with it.

Though he is still relatively new to the quarterback position, Woulard is in the midst of a steep incline. His passes were crisp and accurate even when not getting great help from his wide receivers.

A commitment to USF, Woulard looks to be a major steal for the Bulls.

http://247sports.com/Article/IMG-7on7-day-one-standouts-67184

Just did a Google news search of "Asiantii Would IMG" and got these blurbs. It is obvious that he is making a big splash:

Scout/IMG 7on7: Day 1 Top QB's

BamaMag.com (subscription) - ‎8 hours ago‎

Asiantii Wouldard had a solid junior season at Winter Park High in 2011, putting his name out there as one of the state's best prospects at his position. He did nothing but impress today. At 6-foot-4 and 190 pounds, Woulard has the ideal size you look ... IMG 7on7 day one standouts

247Sports (subscription) - ‎13 hours ago‎

Asiantii Woulard, Winter Park - At 6-4, 200 pounds, Woulard can make a strong case for the most physically imposing quarterback at Saturday's event. He's got a great frame and a strong arm to go with it. Though he is still relatively new to the ... Scout/IMG 7on7: Day 1 Top Five

GoJackets.com (subscription) - ‎5 hours ago‎

Asiantii Woulard -- The top quarterback at the event on day one, he's staking his claim to be the state's top quarterback prospect. He's certainly in that discussion and looked very impressive Saturday. The Winter Park standout is committed to South ...

It will be interesting to see how Scout ranks Woulard:

Chad Simmons

@ChadSimmons_

National College Football Recruiting Analyst for FOX Sports/Scout. Have also been a Recruiting Analyst for Rivals.com.

Chad Simmons †@ChadSimmons_

#USF commit Ashanti Woulard has been very impressive today. Big arm, reads defenses well, and the top QB I've seen today at IMG 7v7.

from Bradenton, FL

6:08 PM - 24 Mar 12 via Tweetbot for iOS · Details

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

As a Bull fan I don't like when he says "you don't want to limit your options." he seems so committed to USF, but then you read this quote and it makes you go hmmmmmmm.

I tell Breida the same thing constantly. I am sure Asiantii has someone telling him to say it as well.

Think about it as if it was your son.. you never know what will happen down the road. Keep the options coming until that paper is signed and faxed.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

Thanks Seldom...figured it wasn't a Clemson cap so thats good lol. Mama good job with the updates as usual, and Bull you are right, who can blame these kids for wanting to take trips to awesome campuses around the country...

Congrats!

Asiantii Woulard †@Asiantii_2

Playing live on ESPN June 29-July 31 !

8:08 PM - 25 Mar 12 via Twitter for Android · Details