• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greatest point ever: Matt Grothe's TD pass to Jessie Hester in USF's 2007 overti

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  579
  • Days Won:  0

That game was surreal.  Great stretch of games... beating North Carolina, West Virginia, and blasting UCF.

For me, the greatest point of that season was the one we got taken away.  It was against Rutgers before halftime when the referee decided we purposely knocked the fumble (or was it a punt block?) toward the endzone.  I still remember thinking, "How the **** do you purposefully knock a ball forward while defenders are grabbing your arms and dragging you to the ground?" That 14 point swing was brutal.  I hate Rutgers.

There's that and the ******** offensive pass interference call on Amarri Jackson. 

Just thinking about that Rutgers game makes me angry  >:(

I remember those turds rushing the field afterwards.  I need a happy place right now.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,797

One set of points that I don't see mentioned is the Grothe to Taurus TD against the Gnats in the 24-17 win. We all like to remind them of the 4-0. That TD helped insure the 4, instead of possibly 3-1, which wouldn't feel right.  ;D Not top 5 maybe, but still pretty important ones.

Normal

• Content Count:  742

That game was surreal.  Great stretch of games... beating North Carolina, West Virginia, and blasting UCF.

For me, the greatest point of that season was the one we got taken away.  It was against Rutgers before halftime when the referee decided we purposely knocked the fumble (or was it a punt block?) toward the endzone.  I still remember thinking, "How the **** do you purposefully knock a ball forward while defenders are grabbing your arms and dragging you to the ground?" That 14 point swing was brutal.  I hate Rutgers.

Agreed that play changed the whole game and season.

The pass from Grothe to Big Play Jesse is my top score for now.....

Archived