• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good and Bad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

With all due respect to everyone's opinion...we've been saying the same things over, and over, and over, and over.  Ever since I went there in 92' to 97' (5-yr plan).  We keep talking about how we have improved and to be patient.  We keep saying we need discipline, maybe a change in system.  We keep saying students need a reason to come watch the games, but the school has done everything in their budget to attract students.  For god's sake, they used to feed us free chicken wings, pizza, and BEER right in front of the entrance back in my hey day.  And STILL no one came.

The only time I've ever witnessed anybody coming out in large numbers to the game was when we played somebody like Cinci, FSU, Texas, etc. or when we were winning 18 - 20 games a season.  The season we had Chucky, Harper, Jerome Robinson, and the skinny center that had no leapers (someone enlighten me) was when students showed up consistently to watch, because we played in a soft conference (I believe Sun Belt) and we were the men in that league.  Made the 2nd round NIT.  Ever since then, things gradually went down hill.  Yeah, yeah, we fared well early on in Seth's era, but let's face it...we are boys among men in NCAA BB.  

Some will say, "you seem to know all the problems, but where is your solution?"  

I don't have one.  That's why I sit here and complain like most of us.  But it's obvious that winning cures all.  Well, how do we win?  We need players like Cincinnati.  And 4 - 7 of them.  Well, how do we get them?  Well, by winning games of course!  You see, it's a cyclical issue.  It's like my dog chasing after his own tail.  He never stops until he's tired.  How did Jose Fernandez did it with the women's team?  He landed several 4 - 5 star recruits.  Now I know the women's team is a little different, but how the heck did he do it?  Florida has a good women's program and he was able to lure the recruits away from them?  

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488

" I just don't know what you all are expecting from our team"

Well...preferrably win.  Because winning is the only cure.  Unfortunately, I don't know how that is going to happen until we get great players.  Letting Zimroth go was a mistake IMO.  That guy could sell you his dirty underwear.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  58

hmmm. in my smartass mode, i'd say the good news was we beat your football team by 22 points. the bad news was we beat your basketball team by 26 points.

but in a serious discussion, i'd ask what the heck was the deal with your team last night? 17% shooting for a half cannot be within the range you expect to see. this was a home game for you folks and your players looked like they were wearing their shoes on their hands.

there were a number of spots in the second half where it looked like you were going to make a serious run, then the bulls missed a layup, threw a pass out of bounds or otherwise committed some egghead goof.

you played virtually the whole game without your best player. i think swift is absolutely the real deal. 9/26 against uc is not bad; it's average shooting, but more importantly he brought you some energy and fire.

1 or 2 more players, 2 or 3 better executed plays when you cut it to 14, and the discussion here might be very different.

good luck the rest of the way.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

Supersuch said the UC players were like sticks.  What game were you watching?  Maxiell and Hicks were pretty jacked guys.  

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Anything but sticks...  Maxiell and Hicks are giants, against any team. Maybe not heightwise, but they play much much bigger than their height.

And their guy handling the ball in the 2nd half was 6'7 Kirkland, being guarded by Dennis and Bryant.