• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

D'Mauri Jones WR Leesburg HS, Leesburg, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Made Orlando Sentinel Top 60 for central Florida along with KJ Dillon and Vegas Harley who we are recruiting.

By Gerald Lacey

Staff Writer

Carver Heights Quarterback Club

March 17, 2011

LEESBURG - D'Mauri Jones, Leesburg, Ht/Wt: 6'3, 185 Position: Wide Receiver

Jones had a terrific junior season which saw him become the featured player on offense. He is also a stand-out on the basketball court. His height, athletic tools, and hands should attract significant BCS interest. His school is off the beaten path a bit, but Jones should bring them in.

Steve Spurrier and the South Carolina Gamecocks are in the hunt for Jones. They will have to beat out Auburn, Florida State, Florida, Miami, South Florida and Alabama in this hot recruiting battle.

4/29/2011 by Corey Long

Jones is around 6-3 and 190 pounds, so he's definitely going to be classified as one of the big receivers in this class. He's another prospect I'd classify as a sleeper going into the spring because he hasn't really gotten his name out too much yet thanks to his basketball commitments (Leesburg won the Class 4A basketball state championship in March led by Jones' 17 points). But I expect he will get a lot of looks over the spring and I wouldn't be shocked at his offer list jumping from four (USF, UCF, South Carolina, West Virginia) to double digits.

Archived