• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leather is going to play on Sundays!

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

Coach Mac and Co. have turned Leather into a basketball beast!

I Bullieve in the system. We just need some luck to break through.

Btw, a warm hello to the Bulls Nation from Nha Tran, Vietnam!

---Been eating a lot of chicken ---TASTY! (I think I'm cathing a cold, thought.)  ::goodbye::

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Leather is going to the NFL?

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

Leather was exposed on the defensive end of the court tonight, he was getting abused in the post early until they switched him to a different man

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

Leather is going to the NFL?

LOLOLOLOLOL

i was thinking the same thing...

poor football minded people.  the nba hardly EVER plays on Sundays.  its more of a wednesday, friday league.

anyways....

i agree, but he will not be drafted and he will have to put in his time overseas but I can see him in the NBA in 4 years.  

He is a great talent and we should of won tonight if the Refs had their eyes open.  I dont know how many loose ball fouls I saw tonight on Memphis or how many T's i would of chalked up for ole John for Memphis.  I dont think he was in the coaches box at all tonight, even with his hobble.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

Leather was exposed on the defensive end of the court tonight, he was getting abused in the post early until they switched him to a different man

memphis also has more size then most NBA teams.  They have atleast 6 guys that are 6'8" or better.  and they werent a cheap 6'8" either.

its like taking a fresh nba body and putting it on him each time down the floor.  give him 2 more years...not to mention when he does start playing in the nba...when not if... he will be playing the 3 or 4 at most.  in the east right now you can play the 4 and not go against anyone with the size he played tonight with the exception of 3 teams

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I havent seen him play this year but his stats can't be much better than BB's (although BB had to share the ball with Altron).  I think when BB was a senior he probably averaged 15pts and 10 boards per game and he's playing overseas.  From what I've seen (or not seen) he hasn't even sniffed an NBA roster.  No way does TL play PF in the NBA, he' get eaten alive.  He doesn't have the frame for it and I don't think he's a good enough dribbler/shooter to play SF.  I think he's gonna get stuck overseas or in NBDL.

TL is bigger than BB was, and much stronger... but i agree, he's gonna be overseas, for a while.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

You don't get "stuck" in the NBDL unless you have a chance at the NBA...it is not a alternative like Europe or CBA it's a Developmental league. Leather has a chance at the NBA but he will have to take an indirect route unless he dominates in the rookie camps.

NBDL pays like garbage... he'd be better off overseas, financially speaking, unless he is good enough to break into the nba.  In that sense... If you never get in the nba and play you whole career in the NBDL... you are stuck in a bad situation.  You can make 100X more money overseas.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266

He is a great talent and we should of won tonight if the Refs had their eyes open.  I dont know how many loose ball fouls I saw tonight on Memphis or how many T's i would of chalked up for ole John for Memphis.  I dont think he was in the coaches box at all tonight, even with his hobble.

I think the Ref's actually did a better job than I've ever seen for a USF game...I understand that there were some no calls that Memphis should have been called for, don't get me wrong.  However, USF could have been called twice as much as they did in the first half....we were getting away with a lot of contact...the refs let 'em play a little.   They called a lot more fouls in the second half, but overall, we got away with more fouls than Memphis, IMO.