• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nate Harris

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone know what the deal with Harris is now?  The loserville rivals site says he didnt show up for the spring semester.  I was just wondering if anyone knew anything other then that?

BIGJL

GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Didn't he visit USF?  maybe we snagged him after all ;)

That's what it says on the loserville site:

January 18, 2005

What's the latest with LB Nate Harris? C.T. Gallen

Special to CardinalSports.com

DCCC

Nate Harris, the speedy 6-1, 225-pound linebacker originally from Miami Edison High School, committed to Louisville early in November. Ranked one of the top five outside linebackers in the nation, Harris is Louisville top-ranked recruit in 2005 at 4-stars from Rivals.com. When Harris didn't arrive on campus to start the Spring semester, however, questions began to rise about his future with Bobby Petrino and the Cards. What's the latest? Rivals.com has the answer.

And this is what it says on our sit:

Did Bulls Change Harris' Mind About Cards?   C.T. Gallen

USFBullsEYE.com Associate Editor

Dodge City (Kan.) Community College linebacker Nate Harris was a Louisville commitment when he visited USF on Jan. 7. Did that trip change the Miami native's mind about his college choice? Find out and read updates on two other junior college players with past and present recruiting ties to the Bulls . . .

BIGJL

GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I doubt he is coming our way, but it would be nice!

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Well he didn't enroll at UL in January as expected, so that's a good sign for us. At least he is still weighing his options, which is more than we had hoped.

Just to add to this.  I was looking on rivals tonight and noticed that nate was a soft verbal now to loserville and he is actually on our outside linebacker list.  Looks like the coaches are making a late push for him and he may be changing his mind about loserville.  If this guy came to Bull country I would have to believe that he would be playing in the middle.  He has good size and speed.  Something we were missing last year in the middle.  I can imagine him and steve maning the linebacking corps with coleman coming in and the guys we already have.  We would be very deep at linebacker.  Those backups would also make great special teams players.  Something to think about.

GO BULLS!!!

BIGJL

Guest S.  Bien
Just to add to this.  I was looking on rivals tonight and noticed that nate was a soft verbal now to loserville and he is actually on our outside linebacker list.  Looks like the coaches are making a late push for him and he may be changing his mind about loserville.  If this guy came to Bull country I would have to believe that he would be playing in the middle.  He has good size and speed.  Something we were missing last year in the middle.  I can imagine him and steve maning the linebacking corps with coleman coming in and the guys we already have.  We would be very deep at linebacker.  Those backups would also make great special teams players.  Something to think about.

GO BULLS!!!

BIGJL

It wouldn't be shocking, but that's a secret.

As for where he would play- Nate's an outside man no matter who has him as a MLB.  Think Nate on one side, Geno Coleman inside, and Davis outside with Nicholas switching in a lining up at speed rusher.  

Guest knight fan

I read a rivals article that said he was in Miami taking a course at the local CC in order to get his transcript acceptable to Louisville and that he's solid with Louisville.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I didn't see the bit on him taking any CC classes, but did see that he's still committed to Louisville.