• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Samuel Green DB Plant city HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Well I guess, we'll have to just agree to agree. after all our government has convinced us that there are "known knowns, known unknowns and unknown unknowns". They just aren't sure if there are unknown unknowns yet.  :bs

Well I guess, we'll have to just agree to agree. after all our government has convinced us that there are "known knowns, known unknowns and unknown unknowns". They just aren't sure if there are unknown unknowns yet.  :bs

recognize the error in that statement but i can't correct it. should have been "unknown knowns" at he end of the quote.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

wish they woulda let t-rex stay at CB...

we need a big time corner next yr

I'm with you on this one. T-rex was one of the best CB's in the nation when he was recruited. Boyd and t-rex would been a nasty combo. I wonder why Holtz never switched him back after last season, now that we have Love and Griffin back, along with Bravo, Virgin, Landi, Welch...etc. I wonder if he'll redshirt Davis this year? I probably would.

This is obviously one of those things where the coaches are privy to more stuff than we are ... I keep reading where cb is a problem area this coming season yet we keep our highly coveted cb recruit at wr, where with love and griffin coming back, plus new guys, it doesn't seem as needy.

Holtz was looking mainly for SIZE at corner this year. Kenneth Durden is 6'1 and VERY similar to Mitchell, but much taller. FYI, Miami came in late and tried to steal him away from USF.

Like Mitchell, Durden was also a state champion in track. In fact, he had a better personal best in the triple jump than T-Rex, which is remarkable.

I expect he will play as a true freshman.

Here is  a video of Holtz talking about him on signing day. He compares Durden to Mitchell.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&id=749401&db_oem_id=7700

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

wish they woulda let t-rex stay at CB...

we need a big time corner next yr

I'm with you on this one. T-rex was one of the best CB's in the nation when he was recruited. Boyd and t-rex would been a nasty combo. I wonder why Holtz never switched him back after last season, now that we have Love and Griffin back, along with Bravo, Virgin, Landi, Welch...etc. I wonder if he'll redshirt Davis this year? I probably would.

This is obviously one of those things where the coaches are privy to more stuff than we are ... I keep reading where cb is a problem area this coming season yet we keep our highly coveted cb recruit at wr, where with love and griffin coming back, plus new guys, it doesn't seem as needy.

I kind of think it's like. You ask a kid to move, learn a 2 new positions(WR, PR) as a true freshman and then you have a different need the next year and you want him to take on another new Division 1 role? Let him flourish is his new roles with some mileage under his belt. Bring in a new stud CB and play him as a true freshman if you have to. TREX is set to bloom in his new role with a year of exp. I think that's why we are so hot on CB's on the recruiting trail. This is really the only hole on this team right now. Some young stud is gonna want to come in get early playing time and shine, either as a no. 2 or no.3 CB. He will wind up looking really good in our stud defense if he does.

drunk?

Now that is funny right there!

It would be great to have someone who wants to stay in the Bay for a change.

Bulls Location Could be Key for Local DB

Plant City DB Sam Green received an offer from USF and the chance to stay home and play with family

-by USFNation.com Mar 16, 2011

Archived