• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jordan Seabrook two-time All-American USF Verbal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

By TJ Brammer and Pat McKee

tj.brammer@indystar.com

January 19, 2005

North Central soccer standout Jordan Seabrook has committed to the University of South Florida. Seabrook is a two-time All-American, as chosen by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America.

http://www.indystar.com/articles/5/210621-8985-036.html

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Cool - hopefully the new soccer stadium will help draw additional talent to campus.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

they've already been bringing in top 10 classes playing in that dump

• 3 weeks later...

Panther soccer star picks South Florida

Official visit left no doubt about choice

image-219642-1392.jpg

Jordan Seabrook, a two-time Indianapolis Star Super Team Player of the Year, believes he has a chance to play as a freshman for South Florida's soccer team. -- Star file photo

By Nat Newell

nat.newell@indystar.com

February 4, 2005

Last summer, Jordan Seabrook had never considered playing soccer at the University of South Florida. Eight months later, however, the North Central High School soccer star has committed to continue his career at the school in Tampa, Fla.

"I hadn't heard or thought about South Florida until I went to the Elite Soccer Program in Hartford (Conn.) in July," said Seabrook, who was among 150 of the top recruits in the country selected to attend the event.

"But when I got something from a school, I always made an effort to investigate it, and once I started to get to know (South Florida), I fell in love with it. The visit cemented it."

South Florida initially contacted Seabrook in September 2003, but he didn't return the phone call until after the event in Connecticut. Blake Sharpe, a South Florida midfielder from Fort Wayne, played against Seabrook when he was a freshman at North Central. Sharpe encouraged the Bulls staff to pursue him.

Seabrook took all five official visits allowed by the NCAA, going to New Mexico, Virginia, Old Dominion and St. John's, in addition to South Florida, and took unofficial visits to Dayton, St. Louis, Northwestern and Notre Dame.

Seabrook's mother doesn't fly, so he's concerned about his parents getting to see him play, although South Florida is a member of the Big East, and that will bring trips to Notre Dame, Cincinnati and DePaul.

"The team is building and right on the cusp of doing really, really well," Seabrook said. "It's an extra benefit to be part of a program when it breaks through.

"When I saw the players they had and the ones they were bringing in, it was something I wanted to be a part of."

George Kiefer is entering his fourth season with the Bulls and posted a 10-5-1 record last season. His 2003 recruiting class was ranked 10th in the country by the College Soccer News, and last season it rose to third.

Kiefer started five freshmen two seasons ago and three last year, and Seabrook believes he'll receive an opportunity to play immediately.

"He's very explosive with his speed," said North Central coach Jerry Little, describing the talents Seabrook showed by placing third in the state in the 110- and 300-meter hurdles and anchoring the winning 1,600-meter relay team.

"He's a little bit better technically than most players with his speed. He's very dangerous. Jordan's also a really good student. He had opportunities at a lot of schools because of his strength academically."

Seabrook was a two-time Indianapolis Star Super Team Player of the Year, finishing last season with 38 goals and 15 assists.

He had 73 goals and 55 assists in his career and expects to play forward for South Florida, although he also could see time in the midfield. He is undecided on his major and plans to pursue playing professional soccer but will focus on a career as a sports agent or in communications.

"South Florida always seemed to come up when I laid out any aspect (of a program)," said Seabrook, who has played for the Dynamo Club team since he was 8.

"It has strong academic programs, diversity (and is) a top-ranked program."

The big selling point was how he felt on campus.

"That was No. 1," Seabrook said. "Everybody was polite and kind, and they weren't faking it. Some places it felt like an annoyance you were there, but I believe South Florida will develop me as a person and player."

Call Star reporter Nat Newell at (317) 444-2610.

http://www.indystar.com/articles/1/219642-2311-014.html

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Great article and pub for us! He'll enjoy the switch in weather... Maybe we can get the soccer coaches to recruit for RMC  :-X

Guest Sprtsfn627

How long have we had this soccer coach anyway?  He has been goin nuts on the recruiting.

I think with the soccer stadium as well as our coach and BE membership, we could really be dangerous in men's soccer.

He came here a few years ago right after coming off a National Championship season at UConn where he was an Asst Coach.

From ESPN:

South Florida -

George Kiefer came to South Florida in 2002 with a reputation for having a keen eye for top talent and the ability to recruit. Kiefer lived up to expectations in 2004 when he attracted to Tampa one of the top recruiting classes in the nation. Kiefer appears set to land a very good class again in 2005.

U.S. U-17 National team midfielder/defender Blake Wagner from Tampa, NSCAA High School All-American, forward Jordan Seabrook out of North Central High School in Indianapolis Indiana, defender Bobby Durham from Florida out of the Weston Soccer Club and striker Alex Muniz out of Bloomingdale High School and the Brandon Flames Soccer Club are among those who have indicated that they will play for Kiefer in 2005.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?id=323994&cc=5901

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  393

We have had an excellent soccer program since the inception of the sport in the mid-1960's. I believe we were in the top 25 my freshman year in 1969. Dan Holcumb, the coach, always brought top talent to Tampa. Soccer was the headline sport at USF prior to basketbull in 1971. Homecoming centered around soccer in the 1960's. So, we old farts really appreciate having basketbull and footbull!