• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rankings opening up for Bulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  444
  • Days Won:  0

NIU just went down tonight vacating the 2nd top 25 spot in as many days, Arizona also lost on Thursday.  If both Hawaii and UCF win Saturday, they will move up into the rankings.  However, if one of those two teams loses, the Bulls should finish in the final top 25 BCS rankings with an impressive win over UNCONN.

South Carolina and Nevada losses would likely vacate two more top 25 spots so there is still a chance for USF to get in if UCF/Hawaii don’t choke.

Bulls have to take care of business against UCONN; there is a LOT more riding on this game than just playing spoiler.

If WVU also loses, USF could be the only Big East team to finish the season ranked. (we don’t want this to happen, we want WVU in the BCS)

If FSU also loses, USF could be the only Florida team to finish the season ranked.  (we don’t want this to happen, we want FSU in a BCS bowl and out of the Champs)

• Content Count:  46

If UCF wins out they will likely be ranked (already ranked in coaches poll and like 27th in BCS).  But I don't see them winning out. 

If UCF wins out they will likely be ranked (already ranked in coaches poll and like 27th in BCS).  But I don't see them winning out. 

The final BCS rankings are posted this weekend.

• Content Count:  158

S. carolina losing to #1 aub prob won't drop them outta the rankings unless its a bad loss.

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

Isnt there a final BCS rankings after the bowls are done?

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Yes

We have finished in the final Top 25 BCS poll once after our 2002 season. I believe we were #23.

Yes

You sure about that?

• Content Count:  565

S. carolina losing to #1 aub prob won't drop them outta the rankings unless its a bad loss.

What is this about South Carolina losing??

• Content Count:  158

What is this about South Carolina losing??

I was responding to the original posters scenario that if so cal lost that another spot would open up in the top 25. I was sayin that if they were to lose to auburn later today, that unless it was a huge loss, I don't think so cal will drop completely out of the rankings considering aub is #1

Yes

We have finished in the final Top 25 BCS poll once after our 2002 season. I believe we were #23.

No. The "FINAL" BCS rankings are this Sunday.  After the bowl games, there will be final AP and Coaches polls, and the computers will do their poll, but the Harris voters don't re-vote... and the BCS does not officially provide a ranking after "Championship" weekend.

Archived