• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fred Rouse

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Interesting

sect_logo_search.gif

Recruiting Watch

Rouse, nation's top prospect, names surprise leader

Posted: Monday January 10, 2005 6:11PM; Updated: Monday January 10, 2005 6:13PM

By Jamie Newberg, Scout.com

Fred Rouse

One of the truly great characters among the class of 2005 is Scout.com's top-rated prospect, wide receiver Fred Rouse from Tallahassee (Fla.) Lincoln High School.

Rouse glows with confidence, backs it up on the football field and has an unbelievable and engaging personality. And that's what he is looking for in a football team because Rouse is the ultimate team player. He may have found that on his first official visit. Rouse, now in San Antonio, Texas for the U.S. Army All-American Bowl, just left Alabama and was wowed by the Crimson Tide.

"Alabama is all about team unity and that's exactly what I am looking for," said Rouse. "The visit was amazing. I mean amazing. I went to the basketball game and they were chanting my name, they had posters with my name on them and I was screaming Roll Tide the entire weekend. They really rolled out the red carpet.

"Mike Shula is a great person. I don't know what it is about that guy, but I love him. He's straightforward, honest and religious. He's just amazing.

"But most of all, Alabama has a team chemistry that I have never seen before. Not even at Florida State -- and I grew up at FSU. They love each other, and I am a team guy and that's what I am looking for."

Most fans who follow recruiting would be shocked if Rouse did not pick his home-town Seminoles. After all, he grew up a FSU fan, knows the team inside and out and feels very comfortable near home. But at this time, Rouse ranked his top five ... and the 'Noles were not sitting at the top.

"Right now I would say Texas is my top school, especially if [Ryan] Perrilloux goes there. I want to be the next Roy Williams and I want [Perrilloux] to be my quarterback for the next three or four years. I can really see myself there, so we'll see.

"I would say that Alabama is No. 2, Florida State No. 3, Miami No. 4 and Southern Cal No. 5. There were some rumors that I was looking at UCLA, but they were just rumors."

Currently, Rouse is scheduled to visit Texas right after the U.S. Army All-American Bowl (on Jan. 17). Then he is scheduled to visit Miami (on Jan. 21) and Florida State (on Jan. 28).

"I may change up things because now I want to visit Southern Cal. So I may visit Florida State mid-week after Miami and then visit USC (on Jan. 28)."

The timetable for the Fred Rouse decision will be on Feb. 2nd, National Signing Day. He will make his announcement on Fox Sports Net South's Countdown to Signing Day and sign his Letter of Intent from Atlanta.

What will happen between now and then? Right now the Longhorns stand in the lead for the nation's top prospect with Alabama a close second. But don't discount the power of Florida State.

"The pressure is there for me to go to Florida State," Rouse said. "But FSU might not be the best place for me. I have to do what is best for me. We'll see what happens."

Fred Rouse

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

I posted that same quote by him the other day on the main board in an unrelated topic.

Rouse was injured yesterday when his foot got caught in the turf during practice. I don't know if he will be well enough to play in the All Star game this weekend.

If his inujury is serious enough maybe some of the big name schools might back off him.

Certainly, if we could get Perrilloux MANY big time players would follow him to USF. Maybe, even Rouse.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Come on Dawsey... work the magic... you get one, you get both!

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I posted that same quote by him the other day on the main board in an unrelated topic.

Rouse was injured yesterday when his foot got caught in the turf during practice. I don't know if he will be well enough to play in the All Star game this weekend.

If his inujury is serious enough maybe some of the big name schools might back off him.

Certainly, if we could get Perrilloux MANY big time players would follow him to USF. Maybe, even Rouse.

Are you kidding me, unless Rouse tore all three ligaments in BOTH knees, and on the way to the ground significantly tore both rotator cuff's, would any team remotely consider backing off of him.

There are some players that are good and once they get injured it gives school's an excuse to back-off and move onto another player.  However, Rouse is so special that I think some teams would sign him even if he had a leg amputated!

As for Rouse following Perrilloux, well first Perrilloux is such a pipedream for USF and if he visits it will just be courtesy, but throwing in Rouse this late in the game is too unbelieveable to imagine.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I agree it sounds like a pipe dream, but i have to believe if he does visit this late... it gives us some remote chance, albeit the remote has no batteries.

We get a chance to leave a last impression.