• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who is visiting the campus this weekend?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

The only info I can find on who will be attending on campus visits this weekend seems to be very outdated.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=9&c=6

They only list one player, and from what I understand he has cancelled his visit with us.

I know we are supposed to have a handful of guys visiting the campus this weekend, anyone know who?  Also, is there any chance of getting a verbal from them this weekend?  If so when could we expect to hear something?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

if anything happens your first place to find out would prob be on rivals... and then Brett usually would have something midweek

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

According to a free blurb on USF Rivals there were supposed to be about 10 players visiting, five of whom are already verbals to other schools. I gave the link to that in a post on the recruiting board previously.

A follow up free blurb there said that a few of those verbals were not coming this weekend as expected. I don't know if they will visit at a later date.

http://usf.rivals.com/default.asp

Usually, Brett or Greg will have a story on who was here in the Monday morning papers with additional stories throughout the week.

I understand that next week is the REAL BIG weekend. Last year we had 25 recuits attend and 8 committed right away and several more shortly thereafter.

The only guy I know who is showing up this weekend is A J Trump who just gave a verbal to Miami. Trump had previously scheduled the visit with Leavitt and is keeping his word. I don't expect we will be able to sway him, but it's possible.

Thanks guys, I didnt realize that this info would be exclusive to Rivals.  

Why doesnt the school issue any info on who will be attending on campus visits?  Shouldnt that be public information?  Now getting the scoop on who committed and who didnt and so on I can understand Rivals getting the exclusive on that, but I just cant believe the school wouldnt release who is coming.

Well, I think leavitt likes to keep his cards close to his vest when it comes to who is visiting for a number of reasons.

I wonder if it's mere coincidence that three recruits, who gave verbals elsewhere, who had planned on attending this weekend pulled out after it was disclosed by rivals that they would be here.

Maybe those recruits hoped to keep their visit to USF hush-hush because they didn't want the school they already gave a verbal to know about that.

I wonder if it's mere coincidence that three recruits, who gave verbals elsewhere, who had planned on attending this weekend pulled out after it was disclosed by rivals that they would be here.

Maybe those recruits hoped to keep their visit to USF hush-hush because they didn't want the school they already gave a verbal to know about that.

Good point Howie, I certainly hope its not true.  As for it being CJL wanting to keep it secret, well if thats the case I can respect that, recruiting is one of his strengths so he knows what he is doing.  

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  15

I believe that it's against NCAA regulations for a coach to comment or give any info about a recruit until that recruits signs a LOI.

• Topic Count:  236
  • Content Count:  1,797

Guys, buy the Rivals subscription...it is well worth it.  You can't believe the info they have there.  You can still come here and be a part of this community.  You would be further supporting USF athletics by joining the Rivals site.  This is the best time to join too.  I next month will be packed with recruiting info and insights.

Look, I love Brad too, and what he does here is amazing.  That doesn't mean though that I can't seek Bulls info elsewhere and participate in other communities of Bulls fans.

Seriously...you should think about it.

Normal

Phillips cancels visit to UF: Glades Central senior safety Randy Phillips, rated one of the state's top defensive backs, was "impressed" by the home visit he received from new Florida coach Urban Meyer last week, but Phillips said he has decided to cancel his scheduled visit to Gainesville this coming weekend because he wants to play in the Outback all-star game.

"This is for fun," Phillips said of the annual game that showcases the area's top seniors. "It's an all-star game, so you can't be too serious, but I'm going to dance and put on a show."

Miami coach Larry Coker has to be glad to hear of Phillips' decision to shun the Gators since Phillips has made an oral commitment to UM. But oral commitments are non-binding, and Phillips and Glades Central teammate Rashaad Duncan caught a flight to Tampa following the Outback luncheon Friday afternoon for an official visit to South Florida. Phillips said he also plans to visit FSU the weekend of Jan. 28.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/highschools/content/sports/epaper/2005/01/09/a16b_AREArecruits_0109.html

DT Rashaad Duncan is a Pitt verbal, for now anyway.  ;D