• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just got home from the Cinci game

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

The UC fans treated us great, but that stadium flat out *****.

The stadium wasn't anything spectacular, but it wouldn't say it sucks.  I did have a tough time finding the bathrooms, so that's my only complaint.  We had great seats (7th row, 20 yard line) and there was a decent atmosphere.  I thought the coolest part was how the stadium was kind of dug into a hill.  We were walking up and I was wondering where the stadium was, i look to my left and I'm like holy **** that's the field.  Pretty cool set up.  Definitely can't see how they could ever expand, though.

The college game day atmosphere was great. I like the parking garages, too, and parked in the one directly across from the Alumni Center. I'm happy you had a nice experience.

However, I've been there twice now, and it doesn't matter which way you go, getting around the stadium to the WC seating is a major pain in the ass. The passageways are not big enough to handle the volume of people (wheelchair or not) and the stadium staff is useless in keeping them clear and directing traffic. The "NO STANDING" signs in the passageways are basically ignored. Nothing was moving. We missed the entire 1st quarter after entering the stadium 30 minutes before kick-off. Same thing happened 2 years ago, so I got an earlier start this time. That did a lot of good.

Once we got to the section, I ended up with no seat (not a problem for me, because I like to stand) and Mrs. S had to negotiate a pole to see the field. I had to lean over the rail to see the old scoreboard. Couldn't see the big one at all. We had port-a-potties for restrooms where our "seats" were this time. Two years ago, we had seats at the other end, and one of the women's bathrooms backed up and overflowed into the stadium. It was really great!!!

Next time try row 2 instead of 7 and tell me if you like it as well. Just hope it's not a sellout, so you can move up.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

Having said all of that, I'll figure out how to work this place after a few more times. Can't wait for 2012.  ;D

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

I definitely agree about the lack of passageways, everywhere was packed.  It took me half of halftime just to find the restrooms.  Concessions were lacking too.  Overall, though, it was a good experience.

Archived