• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OLB JUCO Transfer Commits.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

No answer on who yet, but I am sure someone will break it soon.

via twitter

joshnewberg

New Commit: USF Bulls Land JUCO OLB http://t.co/4SPzGls

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Aug 2010 free scout article

Juene, a 6-foot-3, 225 pound prospect from Jacksonville, Fla., is popping up on the radars of Division One coaches after a freshman campaign in which he tied for third in the conference in sacks with nine.

"He's gotten some interest from Division One schools already," Carson said. "We'll just see how it transpires out and obviously this season will be critical in how well he ends up being recruited. He's a kid that can run well for us."

• Content Count:  1,757

He apparently is their punter as well

Juene also takes care of the punting duty for the visitors and is averaging 40.5 yards per boot this season.

HS Senior Year stats and Video posted on Youtube.

"Mike is a senior LB/TE/P who can do it all."

6'2

210lbs

4.65 - 40yd Dash...4.25 - Shuttle...32.6 - Vert...35-06 - PB...84.12

Bench - 335lbs Squat - 385lbs

Senior Stats

TE stats

9 catches 140 yards 2 TDs

LB Stats

105 tackles 11 sacks 1 int 3 force fumbles 1 fumble recovery.

Punting

48 yards per punt

First Team All-Confer.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Scout talks about the reason for the signing.

Bulls Fit Immediate Needs with JUCO LB Commit

This story originally published on USFNation.com

By Larry Weisbaum

USFNation.com

Posted Oct 21, 2010

After this season the Bulls are losing three senior linebackers, leaving the team with few outside linebackers with any game experience on the roster. To fill that need the Bulls offered and received a commitment from Independence LB Mike Jeune, a 6’foot-2, 230 pound linebacker that earned All-Jay hawk conference Honorable Mention while playing as a freshman for Independence CC.

With the Bulls losing many seniors after this season, The Bulls were looking to go through the JUCO route to help fill several positions, with one of those positions being at linebacker.

After this season the Bulls are losing three senior linebackers in Jaquian Williams, Sabbath Joseph, and Donte Spires, leaving the team with just DeDe Lattimore, Curtis Weatherspoon as the lone outside linebackers with any game experience on the roster.

To fill that need the Bulls offered and received a commitment from Independence LB Mike Juene, a 6’foot-2, 230 pound linebacker that earned All-Jay hawk conference Honorable Mention while playing as a freshman for Independence CC.

“Yes sir, I committed to South Florida,†said Juene. “I chose USF because I loved the environment, the coaches are real cool, they play great defense, and it’s closer to home. Also my best friend Sam Barrington plays there.â€

The Bulls have been recruiting Jeune for quite awhile, and he’s had a lot of contact with his recruiter DL Coach Kevin Patrick and USF defensive coordinator Mark Snyder.

“They’ve been recruiting me for awhile, before the new staff came in,†said Juene. “I was excited to finally get the offer and committed on the spot!â€

In 9 games as a freshmen Jeune had 51 tackles, 10 Tackles for-a-loss, 9 sacks, 1 interception and one forced fumble. Jeune also served as the team punter, averaging 38.8 yards with a long of 69 yards.

Jeune played his prep days at Terry Parker High school and was teammates and best friends with Sam Barrington, but didn’t have grades and had to go the JUCO route.

“Yes sir, that’s my partner,†said Jeune. “He’s one of my best friends and was another one of the big reasons why I’m excited to go there. We were a terror in high school, and can’t wait to be together again.â€

Juene will be finished his AA in December, and join the team in January. He’ll be taking his official visit to USF later this year.

http://westvirginia.scout.com/2/1014225.html

• Content Count:  4,879

it'll be great to get him in early.  seems to make a big difference and needs to with a juco 2 yr plan

Archived