• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What does this say about what Coach Holtz thinks about BJ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

i like the strategy Holtz  is employing.. do NOT allow BJ to throw that ball-- he is not good at it.  why make someone do something the are not good at?  teach him how to run and he can be our Pat White/Josh Nesbitt.  Give us our best chance at winning.

Funny, last year all we could talk about was how great bj daniels arm was.  How he brought the legs of Grothe with the ability to go deep and this was going to be a super season for us with a year under his belt.  Now he is some dumb athlete that the coaches have to simplify the play book, can't throw and we cannot wait to see him sit.

Try getting a front line together that does not look like a collander.  I mean, if WKU can put pressure on every pass play we will be screwed like a freshman at prom once we get into BE play.

Clearly he has regressed in the last year. I think everyone reservs their right to change their mind when you see a significant trend occuring. BJ has one TD pass on the road since the Syracuse game last year.

I think it is more a combination of lack of receivers, line that is not creating a pocket, and Holtz keeping BJ behind the line of scrimmage, i.e not scrambling.  So far he is making him a pocket passer, and when there is nothing open, or he has to rush it creates poor throws.

One thing BJ is still bad about is projecting his primary receiver.  He watches his primary all the way, that is what led to the pick last night.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

I have seen every game this year and bottom line is BJ has not looked good thowing the ball.  Yes we are short on WRs but even when he does have a guy open he thows it over,behind and in the ground.  That has nothing to do with the WR.  I mean last game he was 5 for 20 with 4 ints and this game he sets a record for lowest total passing yards ever for the Bulls.  That just isn't a good sign.  I don't see that we have any other good options so yu may as well just sit back and hope he gets better - after all it can't get much worse.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

syracuse will be a great game.

first beatable BCS team we play with a reasonable level of talent

griffin is back

bogan is there

Lets hope we have Griffin and Bogan back.  Hopefully we will look a littile different on 10/9.  If we cannot play well against Syracuse at home we are in big trouble in conference play.  I will be three throws up on the 30....still waiting to see what time the game starts. 

Archived