• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Next:  Conference Play

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

ECU is currently playing 7 freshman, and started 4 frosh agaisnt Clemson.  We have more experience and should win.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

A tiny, tiny bit, Velcro, because it's a negative on the program.

What still burns me is the fact that Waters and Mobley left. That's just plain silly. Why sign players and then only to lose them -before they even really play? It puts a big question mark in my mind.

I posted this in a related thread just now, but figured it should be here as well:

Ex-Bull heading to Mercer

Former USF point guard Montavious Waters, who left the Bulls in the second week of the season, said he is transferring to Mercer. Waters, a freshman listed in the media guide as USF's "point guard of the future," played six minutes in one game. He will be eligible to play for Mercer in December 2005. The school is about 45 minutes from his Albany, Ga., home, and Waters reiterated that he left USF because of "personal problems" that had nothing to do with basketball or USF.

Times staff writer Greg Auman contributed to this report.

[Last modified January 1, 2005, 23:55:18]

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/01/02/Sports/KU_exacts_revenge_wit.shtml

Sounds more like he was just homesick and that's something which is hard to know in advance. In any event it had nothing to do with MCCullum.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i have to believe it is more than being homesick

but we may never know

bulls have improved since last year

coach mac has team in the right direction

why so many days between uta and ecu games?

Guest BasketBull.

(Sorry, but I'm making some noise from the back of the Mac bus.)

smazza, it's amazing how you were so relentless on Seth (for years and years and most of your million posts) but you will not even question the new system one bit.

Of our 3 current signed recruits:

1) Cann: hurting and limping through his high school games.

2) Howard: the kid's not even playing competitive ball.

3) Mattis (the JUCO): He's alright but he's not lighting anything up each and every night -on a very average JUCO team.

We've got 3 or 4 scholarships left, and most recruits have signed during the early period. The late period is almost like gambling (remember last year).

QUESTION: How on earth are we going to be ready for next year?

I'm trying to be hopeful, but the reality is that things look very grim for next season, when the Big East comes knocking.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Did mac do poorly getting Holmes and Mosley last year?  nope... he found a couple good players out there.  I think he's doing very well recruiting.  yes, there is a risk with someone that has a hurt knee, but i think it is worth the risk for a player like Cann.  If his knee gets back in shape, he'll be one of the best, if not the best, signings we've ever had.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Did mac do poorly getting Holmes and Mosley last year?  nope... he found a couple good players out there.  I think he's doing very well recruiting.  yes, there is a risk with someone that has a hurt knee, but i think it is worth the risk for a player like Cann.  If his knee gets back in shape, he'll be one of the best, if not the best, signings we've ever had.

When are the LOI signings? After Cann signs, will the USF staff be able to start helping with that knee? The new facility should do wonders for it ........ hopefully.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

basketbull-

coach mac has improved the product since he took over

if after 2 more years usf is not improving i will call for his head

seth had 5 wing players,no one playing defense and no set offense.he hyped and never delivered after 7 years

you are not being fair with coach mac.you have to give him a chance

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

basketbull - we only have 2 scholarships for next year if Cann, Howard and Mattis all stay on board, which they should unless Howard's academics don't get cleared up in time.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442

I am sticking with my 9-7 prediction in conference play which will give us a very impressive 16-11 record