• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Am I correct in saying that I read

Brad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

...somewhere that the Gators' CBs and secondary are young?

I'm sure Big4 or Gator Marc or one of our other reptile friends can opine.  I've read so much, it gets foggy.  Seems like the line of scrimmage is going to be tough passage but through the air on the young secondary may be the way.

Their startering CBs are Janoris Jenkins (Junior) and Jeremy Brown (RS Sophomore) - making his first career start -- with three true freshmen behind them.

Their Safeties are Ahmad Black (Senior) and Will Hill (Junior) - Hill was out last week, but has significant experience and is fast.

Jenkins had a pick-6 last week, and Black had a pick returned inside the 10.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Alright, can we get Carlton Mitchell to come back this weekend for a little FSU replay?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  720
  • Days Won:  0

Alright, can we get Carlton Mitchell to come back this weekend for a little FSU replay?

Carlton Mitchell was a non factor at FSU. It was Theo and Sterling with the long catches and Love with a beautiful one hand grab. I don't know that Mitchell or Bogan caught more than one a piece up there. Strange!

• Content Count:  720

Think about a 2010 Bulls team with C. Mitchell, JPP, Ford (no personal issues), Taylor (no academic issues), and a healty Griffin & Love. Man, what could've been.

• Content Count:  12,293

Think about a 2010 Bulls team with C. Mitchell, JPP, Ford (no personal issues), Taylor (no academic issues), and a healty Griffin & Love. Man, what could've been.

i'm sure the gators would have an impressive list as well...including the member of the pouncey family who can actually snap the ball and joe haden at CB.

fact is, turnover happens every year to every team in college football.  gotta have the depth to be ready for it.

and inexperience does not necessarily mean they are going to be worse than the guys last year.  just means they didnt get an opportunity last year.

• Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

Wow.. I've never really thought about it like that.  What a first year team Holtz could have had.

Archived