• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does bball share the new athletic facility?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

I believe they use the tutoring and sports medicine area. But they use locker rooms and weight room in the Sundome.

Guest S.  Bien
I'm just curious if bball got any love in the facility upgrade.

I think everyone gets to use the new facility's training, and weightrooms.  However, basketball, both men's and women's, already has offices, training rooms, a weightroom (the 4,000 SF weightroom was the one everyone used before the new facility was completed), and meeting rooms already contained in the SunDome.  It was my understanding that the next round of improvement to the Dome would also go for some minor upgrades of all of the basketball program's facilities.  

Guest S.  Bien
I believe they use the tutoring and sports medicine area. But they use locker rooms and weight room in the Sundome.

Exactly what I said above, and I am gathering that the basketball programs are tickled that they finally have exclusive use of their own facilities.  For years their tiny training and weightrooms were used for all sports, now it's exclusively for basketball and will get upgraded whenever they get around to upgrading the SunDome.  They can probably set-up the weightrooms so they have more of a basketball Only feel (basketball pictures, and things) plus tailor the training rooms for equipment used more for basketball players and not for every type of athlete.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

I delivered to the new facility when it was being built....

and i remember seeing basketball rooms and such..............i think.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

I went on the tour of the facilities and asked about the basketball offices and locker rooms and was told basketball remains in the SunDome.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

However, basketball, both men's and women's, already has offices, training rooms, a weightroom (the 4,000 SF weightroom was the one everyone used before the new facility was completed), and meeting rooms already contained in the SunDome.  It was my understanding that the next round of improvement to the Dome would also go for some minor upgrades of all of the basketball program's facilities.

Hopefully, these upgrades will enable them to attract additional talent of the caliber we will need to compete in years to come.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Winning games will help recruiting. Facilities are nice, but the best way to improve recruiting is to win games just like Gonzage did.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Basketball and Volleyball remain in the Sun Dome, where they play.  They share the weight room there.