• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lake Howell High School

Guest Reggie Kohn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866
  • Days Won:  0

Omni,

Was that you I talked to on the way out of the building after the final game last night?  Did I meet the Omniscient one himself?

Guest S.  Bien
The games at Eckerd college will be good tonight, paring the winners from yesterday's games.

Agree on Cann, he can't be more than 75% right now.

I am so worried that his HS coach is forcing him back before he's ready to keep his record regular season winning streak intact, and for selfish reasons.  Cann needs to take it easy.  Considering when he blew his knee out most college guys that just tear their ACL would have trouble returning in that time, much less a HS kid that tore all three knee ligaments.  

This kid needs to pace himself.  He has his scholarship, no need to rush things.  When Cann returns to form he has all the tools to be a great one, outside shot, muscle inside, nice moves to the hoop, great off the dribble, but this is early, and if he hurts that knee, or over-compensates for the injury because he's playing when the knee and his psychy are still tender then he could do damage on himself mentally and physically.

This kid could be dominating in college, it's been a while since a single knee was in my prayers.   That should be one of bullievers New Year's Wishes- Cann comes to USF back 100% with his knee at 100%!

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Just wanted to let everyone know that Lake Howell is playing in the Hooters Holiday Classic in St. Pete December 27-30.

1st game is 8:30pm on the 27th vs St. Pete Catholic.

If ya get a chance come check us out.

I've got some really good players this year.

-Reggie

Grrreat going so far Reggie! NOW bring home the Championship!

Ex-Bull's team in final

ST PETERSBURG - The Hooters Holiday Shootout is without a bay area representative in the boys championship, but former USF point guard Reggie Kohn will be there. Kohn is in his second year as coach of Lake Howell, which defeated Wheeler 94-90 in a semifinal game Wednesday night at Eckerd College.

"We're young. We're up and down," Kohn said. "And at the same time, we're very skilled."

Kohn and the Silver Hawks meet Boyd Anderson in the championship tonight at 7:30 at Eckerd College. Boyd Anderson defeated Dwyer 51-49 in the other semifinal, pitting two Ft. Lauderdale-area No. 2-ranked teams against each other.

Lake Howell led by nine after the first quarter but a pair of 3-pointers from James Florence helped Wheeler cut the lead to 39-34 at halftime.

Nick Calathes led Lake Howell with 31 points, including four 3s and a pair of free-throws down the stretch to secure Lake Howell's win. Sharaud Curry led Wheeler with 26 points.

"Everybody knew them," Kohn said of Wheeler. "They've got the state championships and the Division I players. They're style of play actually opened some things up for us though."

Dwyer's Alonzo Gee led all scorers with 17 points in the loss to Boyd Anderson. Ryan Reid scored 14 for the Cobras.

- ERIC MUSKATEVC, Times correspondent

[Last modified December 30, 2004, 00:39:11]

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/12/30/Sports/Adjustments_boost_Sem.shtml

Heartbreaking loss for Reggie & Team 61-60 in finals  :'( :

Boyd Anderson pulls out a squeaker for boys title

ST. PETERSBURG - Class 6A, No. 2-ranked Boyd Anderson (10-0) extended its undefeated with a 61-60 win over Lake Howell Winter Haven in the championship wrapup of the Hooters Holiday Tournament.

The Cobras trailed by as many as 13 but were able to overcome the deficit and chip away throughout the final two quarters before taking the lead with one minute left. Lamar Twitty scored the the final basket with a strong move inside, and the Cobras held out the game defensively.

Former USF point guard Reggie Kohn, coach of the Lake Howell Hawks, started four sophomores who played phenomenal half-court basketball but were unable to convert shots down the stretch.

"We're a good team. We really are," Kohn said. "We got beat by a good good basketball team that was just one point better than us."

- ERIC MUSKATEVC, Times correspondent

[Last modified December 31, 2004, 00:20:19]

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

"We're a good team. We really are"

Are you sure he was trained by Seth?  Sounds an aweful lot like Jim Leavitt... he really does.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  473

Exactly what I was thinking when I read that, too!

"We're a good team. We really are"

Are you sure he was trained by Seth?  Sounds an aweful lot like Jim Leavitt... he really does.

Speaking of Seth, I happened to be switching channels yesterday and noticed that Virginia Tech BB game was on. The next shot I saw was Seth with his hands over his face. I knew then there was no reason to continue watching.  ;D