• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Paterno on Sports Center

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,103
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Days Won:  0

Paterno had a great interview that ran on every SportsCenter yesterday and he said some really good stuff concerning a playoff. He said that college football needed to get away from the hypocrisy of the college presidents and the TV networks. He said that a playoff was needed for college football and made some great points refuting the president's reasoning for not having a playoff, such as the kids missing classes. He also said that every once in a while the colleges should tell the networks to go shove it and not play on a Tuesday or Thursday night. He said that if the presidents were really concerned about players missing class then why did they have their teams playing in middle of the week.

I thought this was a great point and I hadn't heard anyone say that before. It's good to hear such a respected coach come out and say these things. I think it's only a matter of time before we have a playoff.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

The AP writers pulling out of the BCS scam is a step in the right direction. I am thankful every year that there are more than 2 undefeated teams and the lack of a playoff exposes the system for what it is, a complete sham.  This year the SEC missed a payday as Auburn was left out, next year I hope a Pac10 team or an ACC team get the door slammed in their face. If enough of these BCS conferences get left out things will change.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

The only problem is that people like Joe Paterno aren't the ones making the decisions. The university presidents and conference commissioners are, and none of them want a playoff.

Not that Paterno isn't dead on in his remarks.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Paterno had a great interview that ran on every SportsCenter yesterday and he said some really good stuff concerning a playoff. He said that college football needed to get away from the hypocrisy of the college presidents and the TV networks. He said that a playoff was needed for college football and made some great points refuting the president's reasoning for not having a playoff, such as the kids missing classes. He also said that every once in a while the colleges should tell the networks to go shove it and not play on a Tuesday or Thursday night. He said that if the presidents were really concerned about players missing class then why did they have their teams playing in middle of the week.

I thought this was a great point and I hadn't heard anyone say that before. It's good to hear such a respected coach come out and say these things. I think it's only a matter of time before we have a playoff.

That's why the School Presidents are in charge.

BCS Teams (currently) keep 94% of all the Bowl Revenue.

If Div I-A had a NCAA "sanctioned" playoff....ALL 117 teams would get a share of the $$$$ pot.

BCS Presidents don't want to share the $$$$$$$.

Simple as that...has nothing to do if the playoffs would be fun, would work, etc...its all about the $$$$$, which the BCS School Presidents know they need now more than ever dealing with Title IX Expenditure issues.

KL

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

tell jo pa to take a cut in pay

as well as his assistants

tv pays for it and they have a right to call the shots

you can't have it both ways

he is just trying to deflect criticism from himself

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

you can have it both ways... its both ways in basketball and its a huge success!

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

how you share the money is th key.  

bcs conf feel they make 90% of the money and this system let's them keep it

will a playoff system do the same

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the power conferences in football will never share the money with the smaller schools.

the power conferences will break away first

vg-tv likes the bcs that is why it has been around so long