• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Last non-conference game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

5-11 sounds about right. It will be very tough to win on the road, and we have to win as many as possible at home.

BTW, Texas-Arlington is not a bad team - probably about as good as FIU. I hope they don't look past them.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

No I am afraid Sheriff has clouded his thought process while trying to defend Greenberg.  He has become anti-any USF BB coach that does not take us to the national championship in one year.  How can anyone predict 4 conference wins "if we are lucky" before the first conference game and think he is being positive.  He hasn't really looked at our competition because it just isn't that good this year.  Pessemistic is an understatement.  Now is the time to be optimistic.  I at least looked at the teams and the schedule and tryed to make an informed prediction.  Could it be as bad as four wins - Yes - but could it be 8 wins maybe, which by the way would tie Greenberg for the second best conference record he ever had while coaching in C-USA.  I like to be realistic that is why I am not going to say some ridiculus number like 10 wins but I like folks that do because at least they have high hopes.  

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

I'd take 8-8 and be happy as hell.  That would put us at 15-12 for the season which would be on the very high side of my expectations.  I said before the year a 15 win season should result in a one year extension.

Realistically I have to agree with Sheriff on this one.....4-12 to finish up 11-16.  Worst case scenario is 3-12.  I hope to God I'm wrong!

Guest BasketBull.

Records, smeckords...

1) We are not going to the NIT or the NCAA this year: for me, the rest of the numbers mean very little. Sure, winning is always nice... But---

2) My concern is that our players build a foundation, to stop this open-roster policy. I don't want to know that next year's team is undecided until everybody competes for spots, including new recruits. Translation: no nucleus and nothing to build on.

3) Pt and experience, I want our guys to get lots of experience, especially at the point guard and center position. The hurricane is coming (the Big East) and it would be nice to know that we at least have something to hang onto for our dear lives. I hope Dennis is ready next year, as well as Jones and Diarra.

4) RECRUITS, RECRUITS, RECRUITS: Santa, somebody, please give us some players! Yeah, you can have great x's and o's, but no talent is still going to get you killed.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

16-0 in conference!

;D

Okay, maybe I should lay off the bourbon for lunch...

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  106

We were 1-15 last year.  2-14 would be an improvement.  I expect 4-12.  Anything above that would be great.

8)

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

15-12 should get USF in the NIT this season which I will take in a heartbeat.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Worst Case Scenario: failure to qualify for C-USA conference tournament (overall record of 9-18)

Expected: 3-5 conference wins (11-17)

One-Year Extension: 6 or more conference wins (13-15 overall) including a major upset and/or a conference tourney win

When Pigs Fly: .500 overall, NIT, etc.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

15-12 should get USF in the NIT this season which I will take in a heartbeat.

I'd take it in a heartbeat too, but 15 wins in CUSA with our schedule isn't going to get it done. Think more like 17 wins (with a couple over quality opponents) or 18 to be on the safe side.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

no way 15-12 gets us to the NIT.  Although i'd be very happy with that record.