• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

holtz needs to recruit a top 25 qb if usf is

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  100
  • Days Won:  0

You need to get real man.  Elite QB's who run the spread they way Grothe did with no RUNNING BACKS, NO OFFENSIVE LINE AND NO WIDE OUTS of any real stardom and he is the BE leader in TOTAL OFFENSE in THREE YEARS, not four.  Again, besides Teebow maybe, who was better?  Waiting?   You totally avoided the last post, so I suppose you can't tell us a name.  Marve?  He fits your elite standards, doesn't he?  Yeah.  That'd work.

Mensas.  Please put names to substantiate your claim(s).  Saying Grothe is good but not elite, but not having an answer to address the subject is rather weak.  For Ex:  Ely?  Never lost a game in HS.  He's better than Matt right?  Who is the elite QB USF can land that's a "can't miss".  Isn't that the question the author is really asking?

Are you really asking me to name quarterbacks better than Matt Grothe? Like I said, I think Grothe was great for USF. But people like you - and if I'm reading your poor writing correctly, you're implying Tim Tebow is the only quarterback better than Matt Grothe during Grothe's career - make it impossible to simply state that, because the only thing I can say in response is that Grothe wasn't as good as you think he was. If you think Matt Grothe was the second-best quarterback in college football during his career, than there's really not much I can say to you. But you're plainly wrong. And now I'm done talking to you about this.

• Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

Second best QB in college football?  Huuh? 

For the third time, I've requested an elite QB, (since there's many or atleast a few of them to you) and your stance is ....duuuuh?

I'll help you.  #17 Jerrard Randall may be one if you stay in the Daniels mold, or if you want your pocket guy, #26 Cole Stout.

Only asking to validate your post, that's all.

Dude.  Your response to the post is, "Yes, we need a top 25 recruit."  Thanks for going out on a limb.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

National QB tour makes stop at USF

Posted June 16, 2010 by Scott Carter

Updated Jun 16, 2010 at 11:16 AM

The world of college football recruiting has changed drastically over the years.

One of the more recent trends is for elite prospects to join together and go on a “tour’’ of top college campuses around the country.

One of those tours stopped by USF on Tuesday: The Whitfield College Football Tour.

The tour is led by George Whitfield, a San Diego resident nicknamed “The Quarterback Builder†for his work with some of the top prep quarterbacks in the country, including former Cincinnati starter Tony Pike.

Basically, Whitfield has gathered up some of the top quarterback prospects in the country to perform in front of college coaches and recruiters during on-campus stops.

This year’s 10-day tour features 20 quarterbacks and includes stops at Miami, Florida Atlantic, Florida State, USF, Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky, Ohio State, Penn State and Maryland.

Who pays for all this? The Xenith helmet company sponsors the tour according to Whitfield’s website. Click here to check out an ESPN.com story by Bruce Feldman on Whitfield’s tour.

Maikhail Miller of Fulton, Miss., Panama City’s Chase Smith, and San Antonio-area standout Blair Sullivan are some of the top QBs on this year’s tour.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/national-qb-tour-makes-stop-at-usf/

Archived