• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Lose 3-2 in 9th

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

I've never had many complaints about Prado.  But you have to question the move in the top of the 9th when he asked Mende to bunt with a runner on first.

From what I understand, Prado is addicted to bunting runners over and playing small ball. In that particular situation it makes sense. And Mende is not the best batter on the team right now, he only hit .281 this season and had a really rough time at the plate.

Still don't agree.  They did tie the game in the top of the 9th, the result you would have been looking for by using the bunt.  And then they lost it in the bottom of the 9th.  You needed to play for more than one run in that situation.  Obviously there is no guarantee that Sam would have gotten a hit or walk, but you put down in the count 0 - 2 and were willing to take the bat out of his hands.

And are we talking about the same Sam Mende that went 4 for 4 with a home run last night?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Days Won:  0

I don't watch as much USF baseball as I should but I do know what I have seen.

Prado does not play for a big inning, ever, and it drives me nuts.

I have seen him run himself out of a big inning several times.  Jax this year comes to mind.  Lead off home run, walks the 2nd batter, 3-0 he sends to the runner to get caught stealing., pitcher settles in and we get 1 run in the 1st.

but you are correct as a visiting team you are supposed to play for win but in nut cutting time, the safe thing to do is bunt him.

Archived