• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McMurphy - UCF is top target for BE

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

With the Big East getting a tie in to the Liberty Bowl you can push Memphis to the front of the list. Tranghese probably had a god deal of say into this.

Memphis will be the first added because of the relationship with Mike T. My guess would be UCF as next in line. But before the BE adds non BCS teams, they will at least try to get BC and Maryland. In order to get BCS teams, Tags will have to come up with a way to make the payout versus ACC at least the same amount (i.e. create a BE Network, more sponsors, partners, etc.).

Atlanta, see this recent article from a WV newspaper:

http://www.dailymail.com/Sports/JackBogaczyk/201004270033?page=2&build=cache

If WVU could make $4 million per year MORE in the ACC (and because the BE payout is inconsistent per team while the ACC's is equal, and WVU gets one of the highest BE payouts), how do you think that the BE is going to be able to pay, say, $5 million or $6 million or $7 million per school?  I'm not saying it could NEVER be done, I'm just pointing out that it's going to take years to build a BE Network that could make the same money that the Big 10 Network ALREADY makes.  And what would those ACC defectors do in the 5-10 years while this happens?  They would be losing millions PER YEAR while waiting for this optimistic future.  So if it took 10 years for the BE payout to eclipse the ACC payout, those schools could lose, maybe, $50 million dollars.  How long would it take the BE "bigger payout than the ACC's" to compensate those defectors for what they lose in the meantime?

Come on, guys, BC and Maryland aren't going to join the BE.

Archived