• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official signing day thread: Discuss it all in here

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Not sure what you mean by "now he's buried in Texas El Paso"? The way that's worded it sounded like UTEP was his last option .... maybe I read it wrong.

Agreed.

UTEP recently:

NCAA- 2004,2005, 2010

NIT-2006

CBI- 2008,2009 (finalist)

Pretty solid program in my opinion, plus they have great fan support and a solid history in basketball.

Well I respect the UTEP program for what it is, but they are not part of the Big 6 conference and other then checking the newspapers or the bottomline on ESPN no one outside of that area even knows UTEP played a game. Fair or not that just the way it is. They are a small time program in that sense and a 30 win UTEP team will NEVER get the respect nationally as a 20-25 win team out of the Big Conferences. Haynes settled for UTEP because he couldn't get into DUKE and other options dried up.

My gosh I can't see how you two guys even wanted to debate that.

My bad I wasn't clearer .... To me, the way it was worded sounded like HE had to settle for UTEP because all his other options were gone but I thought WE were still an option.

I tell you what UTEP does have and that's Tim Floyd coaching there. As we know he gets the talent by any means necessary so I'm sure they'll be good. I see where he was able to sign former 5 star PF/C Rashanti(spelling) Harris who fell to qualify at Georgia So. Many think that he was paid to go to that school. So looking at the Miners team from a far they seem to have a formidable frontline that could compete in the Big East.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

Tim Floyd is a fraud.  He has ruined every program he has been with. Iowa St, USC and UTEP will be next.  He does pay his players well though

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Davante' Ox Gardner Q: When will you announce your college decision?

A: soon

http://www.formspring.me/Ox54/q/462849680

2 hours ago via formspring.me · formspring.me

Davante' Ox Gardner Q: Story in papers leaked out that Jay is signing with Ball State. What are you waiting for to announce your decision?

A: i guess idk but u can wait

http://www.formspring.me/Ox54/q/46284889

12 hours ago via formspring.me · formspring.me

Gardner's friend and teammate did sign his LOI to Ball State:

The Cardinals signed 6-7, 210-pound Matt Kamieniecki (Clarkston High School/Clarkston, Mich.) last November and 6-6, 235-pound Jay Copeland (King's Fork/Suffolk, Va.), who faxed in his National Letter of Intent on Friday.

Davante' Ox Gardner

Cum out n support me Monday when I sign with ".........." At KFHS n the library at 4:30

Davante' Ox Gardner Marquette or Unversity South Florida

4 hours ago

http://www.facebook.com/people/Davante-Ox-Gardner/100000064280708#!/profile.php?id=100000064280708&v=wall

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Big monday for USF's future! 

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

I would like Ox to sign with us, but honestly it would not be the end of the world if he didn't sign with us.  We could carry the ride over to the November signing period and look for a big then.  Would it be nice to be developing Austin and Ox next year?  Sure, but we are not really counting on Ox with the frontline depth we have, so losing him is not dire.

Now, if Famous were to leave (I'm not saying he will) and/or if any of the primetimers gets hurt/arrested/academically stymied, then not signing Ox would be a problem.

Normal

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I do agree... certainly not a huge deal if he doesn't sign, but he is a player i'd like to see come here and have time to develop into a force.

I do agree... certainly not a huge deal if he doesn't sign, but he is a player i'd like to see come here and have time to develop into a force.

+1

My gut tells me he will pick USF.

One of Dante's friends on his facebook page just said that he knows he is leaning to USF.

MU posters also think he will choose USF:

Doris Burkes Thong

Team Captain

Re: Davante Gardner expected to announce on Monday. eom

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 11:13:51 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: 4everwarriors on May 01, 2010, 09:02:42 AM

Figure on USF.

Yep, the Sun Dolls will be the deciding factor.  ;D

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=20401.0

Archived