• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Well, we beat RuPaul twice in a row. Can we beat BoyGeorgeTown again?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

They were saying during the game that we'll have to beat Cuse to get in.  I think 5 B.E. games in a row will do it even if hang close to them. If UCant loses today though it will hurt our RPI more.

Welcome to the board. WTF is that on your head??

An Oregon duck..  We lost that game though.  Thanks for the welcome btw.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

RuPaul and BoyGeorgetown, very creative.  :thumbsup

i feel even if we beat Gtown , we're gonna get snubbed unless we beat Cuse. 

the media is giving us the Rodney Dangerfield respect.  none

RuPaul and BoyGeorgetown, very creative.   :thumbsup

I hope your wrong.  21-11 and .500 in the BE is pretty compelling

• Content Count:  377
  • Days Won:  0

While it is compelling a Big East record alone doesn't mean squat.  You have to compare the team to other bubble teams from other conferences.  Although I think we are better and we play in a better conference, not everyone see's the Big East as the top conference this year.  Our out-of-conference schedule was awful this year.  Also, with 8 BE teams you can put 2 teams in each region of the bracket.  Does the committee even want to think about putting three teams in one region in the same bracket?

Now that I think back to the early part of the season...how bad was the Central Michigan loss.  If we won that game (without Gilchrist), would everyone still have us on the wrong side of the bubble?

While it is compelling a Big East record alone doesn't mean squat.  You have to compare the team to other bubble teams from other conferences.  Although I think we are better and we play in a better conference, not everyone see's the Big East as the top conference this year.  Our out-of-conference schedule was awful this year.  Also, with 8 BE teams you can put 2 teams in each region of the bracket.  Does the committee even want to think about putting three teams in one region in the same bracket?

Now that I think back to the early part of the season...how bad was the Central Michigan loss.  If we won that game (without Gilchrist), would everyone still have us on the wrong side of the bubble?

The Big East had 3 #1 seeds last year, how can you say the record doesn't mean squat.  THREE #1 seeds!

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

The Big East had 3 #1 seeds last year, how can you say the record doesn't mean squat.  THREE #1 seeds!

Last year has nothing to do with this year.  The only time history matters to the selection committee is when they see the name, like UNC and UConn (but they'll never admit it).  It's all about picking the "best" 65 teams from this season.

Last year has nothing to do with this year.  The only time history matters to the selection committee is when they see the name, like UNC and UConn (but they'll never admit it).  It's all about picking the "best" 65 teams from this season.

SEC is bad sans 3 teams, Pac10 non existent.  ACC has issues.  I think everybody realizes the BE is the premier conf and I think we'll get the benefit of the doubt if we can get past the Hoyas

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

SEC is bad sans 3 teams, Pac10 non existent.  ACC has issues.  I think everybody realizes the BE is the premier conf and I think we'll get the benefit of the doubt if we can get past the Hoyas

All that says to me is more opportunities for mid-majors, especially if there's an upset in those conference tournaments.

Archived