• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Crazy idea to get more students involved!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Since our marketing is at a loss on the low attendence. Why dont we make some suggestions on what USF can do to help attendence. Here is my suggestion. I say that USF sets up a course that will give any USF student some credits if they got involved with USF sports. This class will focus on nothing but USF athletics. From football, basketball, baseball, to peep rallies. The home work will  be simple such as go to the basketball games and football games. Also, there will be a field trip which will be going on the road to watch USF play basketball or Football. The intructors could be anyone like Tom Veit or some other person in marketing. I know alot of colleges have some joke classes, so having a USF school spirit class can only help get more students involved.

PS Try to have a few huge classes for this course. The incentive is that it will give them some easy college credits while they are living it up at college events.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

It's called University Experience and a waste of credits for a lot of people. My brother took that class when he was a freshman and it hurt him because during his senior year, his schlorship wouldn't pay for some classes cause he was over credits due to taking that class. UE tells students all about USF including Athletics. The Student Bulls Club has been going into all the UE classes this past semester to hype up athletics and nothing has come from it. You get the yea we'll come out to games and they take applications to join SBC and you get nothing. The only thing that will boost attendence is winning games and free shirts!

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

Tom Veit would fail the course since it involved marketing.....................How has Doug not noticed the drop in attendance and if he has why isnt Tom's Christmas present a box and a one way ticket out the door

This course would be strickly only USF athletics. It will require students to go to the games or they just simply dont pass the course. It is as simple as that. The instructor will be up front with the class on what will be required on the first day of class. If they dont like it, they can just change their course. That is all there has to be to it. None of that Univ Experience crap. It is nothing but USF sports. Students will have to name the first ever starting QB for USF football on there tests. I know I would love to take that course.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442

We all would love to take that course, the only problem is how many students do you think would actually take that course?  The students who would take it would already be going to the game anyway so it would not do its job.  Hopefully things will turn around and I know the Student Bulls Club is working on it because I am the president of it and we are constantly working on what to do, but for some reason there is not support at all from the majority of students and I have absolutely no idea why.  Personally, who cares if the team are not winning, it is about school spirit and supporting student-athletes who could be in your classes.  I know I am preaching to the wrong people but it just pisses me off to no end why our students can't come out for a football game or for a basketball game especially the ones who live on campus

Guest wildrover

Has anybody ever asked them why?  There has to be some way of getting in touch with the students and not finding out what will get them there, but finding out why they don't come, I think finding that out would go a long way into solving the problem.

Maybe USF should just shut down athletics. I just get a sick impression that the students are just spoiled. Alot of them did not suffer with not having a football team like alot of us had to deal with. They just think that football will always be there no matter what they do. Wrong!!! Look at San Jose St. They are about to drop down to 1AA because of support problems.  EAST TENNESSE ST had to drop football a few years ago because of little support. What USF gets only 12k to the game, it is very embarrassing. We might as well follow Temple's footsteps because that is what we will be soon with the piss poor interest from the community and students. Hell, lets just have the football games at the USF soccer stadium because our 12K die hards should be able to fill that stadium up.

PS USF students are going to piss away the BCS membership if they dont support their school.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

the only people in the class would be athletes in current fans....  but good try

ESPN regional should share some of the blame too since they basically run football and men's basketball

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  60

I really think that students should and need to support our school more.  I think the handfull of students that try to promote more school spirit are doing a great job, but to be honest with all of you, nothing is going to really change unless we start winning big time and stop playing D-1AA teams.  Also we need to convince others that Florida, Miami, and Florida State suck.  Most of my friends are fans of either one of those schools and at times it seems as if when one of those schools play, it hurts our home attendance.  They give little support to USF even though they attend our school.   ???  

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  60

Top reasons for students not to attend games:

1. There is something else going on

2. One of the Big 3 schools are playing

3. We are having a losing season, why bother

4. The team we are playing sucks

5. Game is on TV (could be good, could be bad)

6. Just not interested in USF sports

7. Have to work

8. Wanted to go to the game, but something came up at the last minute

9. What, we had a game this weekend?

10. Primadonna players