• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

6-6 Big Man Michael Haynes to visit USF

Vega

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

The Heat Academy PF will visit USF either this weekend or for the Uconn game. He has offers from us, Minnesota, and Xavier. He visited Duke last weekend and of course was blown away by the atmosphere. "It was awesome," said Haynes. I at least hope that there is a decent atmosphere at the Sundome while Haynes is here. He can really help us. Known as a TOUGH PLAYER that rebounds well and can finish everything inside. He is expanding his game to be more of a 3 man in college. Sounds like former Syracuse F Paul Harris.

• Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

I like it can we trade one haynes for this one?  Ha Ha

I like it can we trade one haynes for this one?  Ha Ha

Yeah I wish  ;)

• Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

vega do you know if lockridge is coming with him.  I wish we could find a way to get both of those guys on the team.

vega do you know if lockridge is coming with him.  I wish we could find a way to get both of those guys on the team.

I'm not sure if USF is still recruiting Lockridge. They could be but I haven't seen the same level of interest of late but info is sometimes hard to find. We did get a commitment from JC guard Hugh Robertson who is similar to PJ. The staff still has Dante Holmes they are recruiting. That relationship has been on and off since last spring.

• Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

vega i was checking behind the bench saturday to look for haynes but i didn't see him.  did i just miss him or did he just decide to come next weekend for the uconn game?

vega i was checking behind the bench saturday to look for haynes but i didn't see him.  did i just miss him or did he just decide to come next weekend for the uconn game?

My guess is he's coming for the Uconn game. We don't have anymore home games left to bring in a prospect if we plan on showing him some live action.

Here's a little article on Haynes. Notice that he says he will visit DUKE again after the season.

Former Chicago high school star Michael Haynes is having a superb season for Heat Academy in Martinsville, Virginia, and is seeing his recruiting stock skyrocket with a host of big-time programs in hot pursuit. Haynes rates as one of the top available basketball prospects in the country.

Haynes, a 6'6" forward, is a strong and physical force inside who can take over games with both his scoring and rebounding. Haynes has diversified his skills to include much improved ball-handling, and an ability to consistently drop mid-range jumpers. Haynes is averaging better than 19 points and 8 rebounds per game.

Haynes noted to ChicagoHoops.com that the season is going very well at Heat Academy, and that he is spending a good deal of time playing on the wing.

Haynes is currently being recruited by programs from around the United States. Duke, Marquette, South Florida, Xavier, Providence, Minnesota and Toledo are all among a long line of schools mentioned by Haynes as being in the mix, with even more schools looking to get involved. Haynes was recently on campus at Duke for their game against Virginia Tech, and the ACC powerhouse has intensified their recruiting efforts toward Haynes. Haynes is expected to officially visit Duke after the season.

Haynes will make a decision on his collegiate destination after the season ends for Heat Academy.

Former Chicago high school star Michael Haynes is having a superb season for Heat Academy in Martinsville, Virginia, and is seeing his recruiting stock skyrocket with a host of big-time programs in hot pursuit. Haynes rates as one of the top available basketball prospects in the country.

Haynes, a 6'6" forward, is a strong and physical force inside who can take over games with both his scoring and rebounding. Haynes has diversified his skills to include much improved ball-handling, and an ability to consistently drop mid-range jumpers. Haynes is averaging better than 19 points and 8 rebounds per game.

Haynes noted to ChicagoHoops.com that the season is going very well at Heat Academy, and that he is spending a good deal of time playing on the wing.

Haynes is currently being recruited by programs from around the United States. Duke, Marquette, South Florida, Xavier, Providence, Minnesota and Toledo are all among a long line of schools mentioned by Haynes as being in the mix, with even more schools looking to get involved. Haynes was recently on campus at Duke for their game against Virginia Tech, and the ACC powerhouse has intensified their recruiting efforts toward Haynes. Haynes is expected to officially visit Duke after the season.

Haynes will make a decision on his collegiate destination after the season ends for Heat Academy.

http://www.chicagohoops.com/articles1/mikehaynes2.html

Archived