• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We still may see a running back by committee in 2010

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I think we'll learn a lot about our running back situation from the spring game.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

I think we'll learn a lot about our running back situation from the spring game.

Doubt we'll see whats going on with the QB situation though...  ;)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

You mentioned in your signing day press conference that you didn't necessarily want your quarterback to be your leading tailback. Would you like to identify one main running back for this season, something South Florida hasn't had in a while?

SH: I remember Bobby Bowden used to say that if you have three of them, it just means you don't have a great one. I would love to have one tailback that was solid, dependable, had good hands out of the backfield, knew his assignments and could pick up pass pro. I'd love to have one tailback who could do all those things. But if we don't have one and we need to do it by committee, then I've gone that route as well. I think we've got a lot of numbers there when you look at our tailback situation, but I just don't know what we have yet.

When I look at the depth chart, I see names. The work I'm doing is to be able to put faces and names together and be able to understand what some of these guys can do. I still won't have the opportunity to get on the grass and watch football until we get into spring practice. But if we have one who's definitely earned the right to be the starter, then we'll make him that. And if we have one, we'll try to find two and then try to find three. But until you find one, you have to work with as many as you can because we may have to play by committee in the fall.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/8021/qa-with-usf-coach-skip-holtz-part-i

:stirpot

OR, we may see a feature back system next year....

I would love to have one tailback that was solid, dependable, had good hands out of the backfield, knew his assignments and could pick up pass pro. I'd love to have one tailback who could do all those things. But if we don't have one and we need to do it by committee, then I've gone that route as well. I think we've got a lot of numbers there when you look at our tailback situation, but I just don't know what we have yet. 

You may very well be correct, but as pointed out here, you can read the same article, and come to 2 completely different conclusions. I see it as CLLH is going to give all of the RB's a shot to be THE man. Even if we use multiple backs, I have the feeling the if one gets "hot" he will carry the rock until the opponent stops him.

Archived