• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cincinatti trying to make their case for the NCAAT( They have none)

Vega

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Looking at this game with the Cuse the Bearcats are needing this win, but I just don't see it happening. They ARE NOT THAT GOOD. their best win so far is the same as ND, they beat us. People this is why USF will get into the NCAAT over these teams like Cincy and ND. None of them can win on the road and in Cincy's case they can't shoot good enough to pick up a much needed win over Syracuse at home.

As long as USF wins out at home and wins at least 1 more road game they will get into the NCAAT.

Nova

WVU

Cuse

G'Town

Louisville

Marquette

Pitt

South Florida

Those are the eight teams from the BE that should go to the NCAAT. No need to worry about what the rest of the teams will do.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Three N's, one T.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Looking at this game with the Cuse the Bearcats are needing this win, but I just don't see it happening. They ARE NOT THAT GOOD.

Look, I'm as excited by this recent hot streak as anyone, but USF is NOT THAT GOOD either. That seems to have been largely forgotten. At least, there's no reason to believe USF is any better than Cincinnati. The team has improved big time over the course of the season, but this is still the same team that lost to Central Michigan.

their best win so far is the same as ND, they beat us.

Notre Dame beat West Virginia. Also, Notre Dame beat USF twice. I have a hard time imagining USF being picked over Notre Dame if the two teams finish with a similar record.

People this is why USF will get into the NCAAT over these teams like Cincy and ND. None of them can win on the road and in Cincy's case they can't shoot good enough to pick up a much needed win over Syracuse at home.

As long as USF wins out at home and wins at least 1 more road game they will get into the NCAAT.

Man, assuming USF wins all the rest of its home games is just ridiculous. Yes, they beat Georgetown. Last year, they beat Marquette when Marquette was ranked in the top 10, it didn't mean the team was a lock to beat anyone who was worse than Marquette. Settle down.

Notre Dame has to go to SHU, Louisville, G'Town, and Marquette. They have a home game with Pitt it there.

Cincinnati has to go to UCONN, USF, WVU, and G'Town. They have home games with Marquette and Nova...yikes!!!

USF has by far the easier road wouldn't you think. Nova is the only team on the schedule that looks like a certain lost. USF has only 2 road games left period with Depaul being the other one.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Yes I agree that USF has the easiest remaining schedule, but that doesn't mean much. While USF has proven it CAN beat anyone in the league, still Villanova is a likely loss. I also think UConn, despite the Huskies' struggles this year, is a toss-up at best. The two remaining road games will be difficult, as will winning any game in the conference tournament. All I'm saying is, this same group of players started the year 1-5 in conference and lost to Central Michigan, which is just as bad as the four-game winning streak was good, so there's no need to assume this team is going to beat anybody. I would LOVE to get into the NCAA tournament. That would cement this as a truly magical season. But I'll also be happy with an NIT berth, which seemed crazy to me to even think about at the start of the year.

Yes I agree that USF has the easiest remaining schedule, but that doesn't mean much. While USF has proven it CAN beat anyone in the league, still Villanova is a likely loss. I also think UConn, despite the Huskies' struggles this year, is a toss-up at best. The two remaining road games will be difficult, as will winning any game in the conference tournament. All I'm saying is, this same group of players started the year 1-5 in conference and lost to Central Michigan, which is just as bad as the four-game winning streak was good, so there's no need to assume this team is going to beat anybody. I would LOVE to get into the NCAA tournament. That would cement this as a truly magical season. But I'll also be happy with an NIT berth, which seemed crazy to me to even think about at the start of the year.

So we agree that USF has the easier schedule and what I'm assuming is that USF takes care of business like they are more then capable of doing. Of course if they cave in and lose games that they need to win then they'll get what's coming to them.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf needs to win out

turst me

Archived