• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This fan has nothing to be ashamed of

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

I have been to EVERY home game since inception with one exception (Jacksonville State-- home opener). I have also been to MANY road games.

I am not ashamed of the play on the field. I know those kids try their hardest to win games. Sometimes they don't have the talent or get the breaks or make mistakes. They are not robots or professionals-- they are students who happen to play football. I feel fortunate to even have a football team since there was none when I went to school.

So you won't get any apologies from me for how other people act when a team loses. I am there-- watching and cheering for my team. That is how I operate.

Sure-- I could be upset by empty stands or perceptions of some people who want to tell my school sucks because the crowd was small or non-existent. Then again-- many of those people would have said something derogatory about my school even if we never fielded a team.

I like playing at Raymond James. I like the comfort level. I like the amenities of two giant screens for replays. I like that we don't have some giant debt to service hanging over the programs head. I don't concern myself over who gets my money when I buy a beer. I am there to watch players I have been watching since they took the field the first time. Players who I have been fortunate enough to either meet or meet their parents or just know because I care about them.

And here is the funny part. I don't really care what others think about my opinion on this matter. Yet many will claim that I am telling them how to be a fan or making "excuses" for something, or read something else into my statements on this board. Frankly, the arguments and positions of some people on this board do get a tad annoying to me as I'm sure mine do them. But if this was a big love fest of liked minded individuals, it would not be a fan message board.

Many people have a passion for this school and our football team. I admire that passion and try my best to do what I can for my school-- within reason. Sitting through a game against a top 20 team in a year when my team is down in the dumps and rebuilding isn't exactly the most fun in the world-- but I wouldn't miss it. But that is me (and many of us here). That is just how I operate. And I believe I mentioned this tens of times before but I wondered what would happen when the day finally came-- the day I dreaded-- the day the fans revolted against a team that was bound to fail at some point. And true to form--- it has happened-- our fans are upset and searching for answers. They don't want to deal with the rebuild-- they want to solve it-- as if it is some riddle.

There is no riddle when it comes to attendance. I've heard all the arguments about WHY the crowd was so small for the past two games. Many are quite valid, including the indifference by fans to a losing program. Regardless of what is hurting attendance-- winning in and of itself is not the answer either. You just have to love the Bulls unconditionally.

But there is next year. There will always be next year (until I die). Hang tough Bull fans--- this too shall pass-- maybe sooner than later, but eventually.

That's all I have to say to wrap up this season. I'll see you in August.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

I have been to EVERY home game since inception .

Me too, without exception.

they are students who happen to play football.

Well, actually, they are football players who HAVE to be students.

I feel fortunate to even have a football team since there was none when I went to school..

Me too!

I like playing at Raymond James. I like the comfort level. I like the amenities of two giant screens for replays. I like that we don't have some giant debt to service hanging over the programs head. I don't concern myself over who gets my money when I buy a beer.

Again, me too!

And here is the funny part. I don't really care what others think about my opinion on this matter. Yet many will claim that I am telling them how to be a fan or making "excuses" for something, or read something else into my statements on this board.

What?  People reading things into what you say on this board?   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Many people have a passion for this school and our football team. I admire that passion and try my best to do what I can for my school-- within reason. Sitting through a game against a top 20 team in a year when my team is down in the dumps and rebuilding isn't exactly the most fun in the world-- but I wouldn't miss it.

I wouldn't miss it either!  I was the only one there out of my party of eight.  But I was there!

I wondered what would happen when the day finally came-- the day I dreaded-- the day the fans revolted against a team that was bound to fail at some point..

There will always be "fair weather" fans.

That's all I have to say to wrap up this season. I'll see you in August.

Me too!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

I'm right with you MikeG ... no matter what, I enjoy flying the BULL's Nation Flag and am so excited about the next year as always after our final game.

A special Thanx to MikeG and MANY others that make our road trips, a sacrifice and great support for our Beloved BULLS.

It's Great to be FULL of BULL