• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miami Herald Updated Commit List.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Richardson said he also has offers from Marshall, Southern Mississippi and Bethune-Cookman, but that UCF is his choice. Richardson hinted that undecided teammates, running back Brandon Gainer and offensive lineman Jose Jose, are also strongly considering UCF, but likely won't announce their choices until Wednesday.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/high-schools/story/1455464.html

I really hope Jose-Jose doesn't pull a signing day switch to UCF.  >:(

You need to read this.

Miami Central DL LeBranden Richardson commits to UCF, Brandon Gainer and Jose Jose may not be far behind

UCF Football — posted by Iliana Limón on January, 30 2010 10:28 PM

Discuss This: Comments(4) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

The Knights scored a another big commitment Saturday.

Miami Central standout defensive lineman LeBranden Richardson announced during the USA vs. World All-Star game Saturday that he was committing to the Knights.

“I decided UCF, I decided because I could come in right away and be a contributor,†he said.

Richardson anchored a defensive line that helped Miami Central advance to the Class 6A state semifinals for the first time this season. He also has offers from Marshall, Southern Mississippi and Bethune-Cookman.

“What kind of player am I? I’m a homeboy, I keep everything in check, keep the momentum going,†he said. “… Physical, fast, everything in one. [i would compare myself to] Dwight Freeney.â€

Coach George O’Leary made a good impression on Richardson, helping him pick the Knights.

“Coach O’Leary kept it real,†Richardson said. “He told me straight up, he wasn’t selling a dream he was just telling me to keep it real.â€

Richardson (6-2, 225) is the fourth Miami Central player to commit to the Knights, joining quarterback Jeffrey Godfrey, wide receiver Joshua Reese and defensive back Jamar McClain.

“My high school teammates going there helped a lot,†he said. “ We’re excited, we can’t wait.â€

Reese, who is rated a four-star prospect by Rivals.com and arguably the star of the Miami Central class, said his commitment to UCF is firm. Reese added that he is excited to see Richardson join the group.

“I’m very excited, he came from Hialeah and he kind of fell back but he was always a very good player,†Reese said of Richardson. “I talked to him and told him that I think what’s best for us is to go to Central Florida. Jeff [Godfrey] is at Central Florida, I’m at Central Florida.â€

Reese said he has also been talking with Miami Central running back Brandon Gainer and offensive lineman Jose Jose about going to UCF. Gainer is not committed and was expected to visit UCF this weekend. Jose is committed to USF and was said to be considering visiting the Knights.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Richardson said he also has offers from Marshall, Southern Mississippi and Bethune-Cookman, but that UCF is his choice. Richardson hinted that undecided teammates, running back Brandon Gainer and offensive lineman Jose Jose, are also strongly considering UCF, but likely won't announce their choices until Wednesday.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/high-schools/story/1455464.html

I really hope Jose-Jose doesn't pull a signing day switch to UCF.  >:(

You need to read this.

Miami Central DL LeBranden Richardson commits to UCF, Brandon Gainer and Jose Jose may not be far behind

UCF Football — posted by Iliana Limón on January, 30 2010 10:28 PM

Discuss This: Comments(4) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

The Knights scored a another big commitment Saturday.

Miami Central standout defensive lineman LeBranden Richardson announced during the USA vs. World All-Star game Saturday that he was committing to the Knights.

“I decided UCF, I decided because I could come in right away and be a contributor,†he said.

Richardson anchored a defensive line that helped Miami Central advance to the Class 6A state semifinals for the first time this season. He also has offers from Marshall, Southern Mississippi and Bethune-Cookman.

“What kind of player am I? I’m a homeboy, I keep everything in check, keep the momentum going,†he said. “… Physical, fast, everything in one. [i would compare myself to] Dwight Freeney.â€

Coach George O’Leary made a good impression on Richardson, helping him pick the Knights.

“Coach O’Leary kept it real,†Richardson said. “He told me straight up, he wasn’t selling a dream he was just telling me to keep it real.â€

Richardson (6-2, 225) is the fourth Miami Central player to commit to the Knights, joining quarterback Jeffrey Godfrey, wide receiver Joshua Reese and defensive back Jamar McClain.

“My high school teammates going there helped a lot,†he said. “… We’re excited, we can’t wait.â€

Reese, who is rated a four-star prospect by Rivals.com and arguably the star of the Miami Central class, said his commitment to UCF is firm. Reese added that he is excited to see Richardson join the group.

“I’m very excited, he came from Hialeah and he kind of fell back but he was always a very good player,†Reese said of Richardson. “I talked to him and told him that I think what’s best for us is to go to Central Florida. Jeff [Godfrey] is at Central Florida, I’m at Central Florida.â€

Reese said he has also been talking with Miami Central running back Brandon Gainer and offensive lineman Jose Jose about going to UCF. Gainer is not committed and was expected to visit UCF this weekend. Jose is committed to USF and was said to be considering visiting the Knights.

I previously read that story. That's why I asked earlier whether Jose-Jose had made the visit to UCF this weekend. I still don't know if he did. If he didn't visit there them then I wouldn't expect a switch to UCF on signing day, but it could still happen.

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

It's a shame that Godfrey didn't feel like he could compete for the QB job at USF.  If he committed to USF, he likely would have brought Reese with him.  We really need Reese, who could have played as a true freshman like Sterling Griffin did this year.

It's a shame that Godfrey didn't feel like he could compete for the QB job at USF.  If he committed to USF, he likely would have brought Reese with him.  We really need Reese, who could have played as a true freshman like Sterling Griffin did this year.

+1

+1

Reese is my surname, perhaps I can have a word with him?

This says he was coming

Posted: 1/26/2010 3:43 PM

HUGE Recruiting Weekend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Brendan Sonnone at the orlando sentinel:

UCF's men's basketball team (10-9) will be looking to make a statement on Saturday when the Knights host the 16-3 Tulsa Golden Hurricane. While there will be plenty of intrigue as to what's going on on the court, the bigger story might be what's going on in the stands.

The Knights' football team is expected to host 18 players on their official visits and part of the tour will included a trip to UCF Arena to watch the basketball team mix it up with a Conference USA power.

It will be the last weekend of official visits for the Knights and all other teams around the nation, as National Signing Day will take place next Wednesday, Feb. 3.

Below is a list of the players that will be in Orlando this weekend:

Committed to UCF

Joshua Reese, WR, Miami Central

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reese is arguably the biggest haul of UCF's recruiting class. Reese's high school teammate, quarterback Jeffery Godfrey, is already enrolled at UCF and should guarantee that Reese stays a Knight. He also had offers from Florida, Florida St., Nebraska, South Carolina, USF, Tennessee and West Virginia.

Jamar McClain, DB, Miami Central

Transferred over from Hialeah and was lost in the shuffle, but McClain could be an underrated commit for the Knights in the same mold as Kemal Ishmael.

Justin McCray, OL, Miami Southridge

McCray and his twin brother have been committed to UCF since June and they haven't really been looking around.

Jordan McCray, OL, Miami Southridge

See above. The McCrays' older brother Cliff is currently a Knight, which should only enhance his chances of staying committed to UCF.

Zachary Soto, OL, Monsignor Pace (Miami)

Soto has been completely committed to UCF for some time and should remain a Knight.

Tony Jacob, OL, Westlake (Westlake, Ga.)

After Jacob committed to UCF there were grumblings that he could have been looking around, but Jacob has been adamant in his stance that he is a Knight.

Quenton Brown, DE, Tucker (Tucker, Ga.)

Another prized recruit for UCF, Brown has not taken any other visits. He also has been recruited by Ole Miss, Michigan St., West Virginia, Illinois and others.

Clayton Geathers, DB, Carvers Bay (Hemingway, S.C.)

Hasn't visited any other schools and this visit should solidify his status.

Davious Chestnut, DB, Carvers Bay (Hemingway, S.C.)

Chestnut also hasn't been looking around and should be a Knight come Wednesday.

Uncommitted

Brandon Gainer, RB, Miami Central

Took a visit to North Carolina on Jan. 22nd and will take one to Texas Tech on Jan. 27th. However, Gainer has been rumored to be a Knight in waiting and will announce that decision on National Signing Day. Having Reese and McClain with him on the visit along with Godfrey already at the school should help UCF's chances.

LeBrandon Richardson, DE, Miami Central

Could be a late addition to UCF's class. Richardson is in a similar situation to McClain, as he transferred from Hialeah as well.

Jordan Akins, ATH, Union Grove (McDonough, Ga.)

Akins might be a long shot for the Knights, although it does help that UCF will be the last school he visits. He has offers from Georgia Tech, Ole Miss and Maryland, but his favorite might be the Georgia Bulldogs. Akins took an official visit to Georgia on Jan. 15th.

Committed to Other Schools

Jose Jose, OL, Miami Central

USF -- Decommitted from Tennessee to go to USF, but Jose is still up for grabs. He will be one of five Miami Central commits visiting UCF.

Torrian Wilson, OL, Miami Northwestern

Louisville -- It's unlikely that Wilson will decommit from Louisville after pledging to the Cardinals last week. He took a visit to Tennessee this past weekend but that didn't seem to sway him.

Michaelee Harris, WR, Miami Northwestern

Louisville -- Harris has been looking around as well since committing to Louisville but he has been on the record as saying that he will likely stay committed to Charlie Strong's team.

Corvin Lamb, RB, Miami Northwestern

Louisville -- Lamb also will be difficult for the Knights to land. UCF's only chance will be to sway all three away from Louisville.

Mike Fleurizard, DT, Palm Beach Gardens Dwyer

Marshall -- Fleurizard committed to Marshall directly after his visit this past weekend, but he's still on tap to take official to UCF.

Casey Turner, RB, Jacksonville Ed White

Rutgers -- Turner has been committed to Rutgers since October but he visited North Carolina this month, so it's safe to say that he's still open. Turner also has offers from Illinois, FIU and Purdue and has already decommited once this period from FIU.

Whether you can believe anything you hear out of UCF is another matter. I know they would move heaven and earth to get Jose x2 though

FYI, If you are going to copy and paste articles, please provide a link. That's the rule around here, whenever possible, so this site doesn't get into trouble.

I noticed that Greg Auman made this tweet some 15 hours ago, which would have been roughly 1 pm on Saturday:

Bulls fans can watch USF commitment Jose Jose on NFL Network right now in "Team USA vs. The World" showcase game in Fort Lauderdale.

about 15 hours ago from web

http://twitter.com/gregauman

So, if Jose was in Ft Lauderdale playing in a FB game Saturday afternoon, it seems unlikely he would have been at UCF over the weekend. Of course, he could have made a quick trip to them on friday or after the game on Sat, but that seems doubtful.

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

I was told by an assistant at his high school that Jose wasn't visiting anywhere this weekend because of the all-star game.

Archived