• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hillsborough TE Duval accepts preferred walk-on role at USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I'm curious about something.

As I understand it, "preferred walk-ons" get just about everything that scholarship players do that normal walk-ons do not, short of a scholarship - they get access to team tutors, scheduling priority to make their class schedule work around the team schedule, maybe a few other perks. Also, they are presumably first in line for any scholarships that become available to walk-ons over the course of the season.

So what I'm wondering is, are there any sort of NCAA rules that regulate this? Is there a limit to this practice? I'm not sure why there would be, but if there is a promise of tutors and stuff maybe there could be. Also, if a player plays as a walk-on somewhere then transfers without dropping down a division, does he have to sit out a year like scholarship players?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  95
  • Days Won:  0

Preferred walk-ons are willing to pay their own tuition this could save a scholarship for others who needs it more. Good move, if he really wanted to be a Bulls then this is a great way. Im sure if he has the grades. FL Bright Futures scholarship will cover some % of tuition.

I think he is treated like any other players according to the NCAA

Archived