• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bernard Reedy RB/WR wants USF offer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Bernard Reedy wants USF offer

Posted on Thursday, Jan. 28, 2010 at 6:07 p.m.

Lakewood football standout Bernard Reedy has visited Toledo and will trip to Western Kentucky this weekend, but another school also is occupying a lot of his thoughts.

South Florida.

Reedy, a 5-foot-10, 175-pound RB/WR, said today that the Bulls have shown lots of interest since Skip Holtz became coach and he’s hopeful an offer will come.

When asked what he thought the odds were of getting a USF offer, Reedy said, “They’ve only got one receiver commit. I feel that (the odds) should be kinda of high.â€

Reedy expects to find out if an offer will come “very soon.â€

Meantime, Reedy, the Times’ Pinellas Offensive Player of the Year, is looking forward to this weekend’s visit to WKU. That said, he’s in no rush to commit.

“I’m going to wait and see how it goes,†Reedy said. “If I like it, it may be between (Toledo and Western Kentucky). If I don’t feel it, I might just wait (until after National Signing Day).â€

--KEITH NIEBUHR (kniebuhr@sptimes.com)

He's one star at Scout.com

Bernard Reedy

Lakewood High School

Schools of interest: Iowa State University, Toledo, Western Kentucky

sign him up, let him RS, add some weight and make him a slot style receiver

Sounds like a plan. We need some depth at WR

• Content Count:  165
  • Days Won:  0

Rivals has him at 3 stars. Scout has him at 1 because they haven't evaluated him. (At least that's what I think)

Rivals has him at 3 stars. Scout has him at 1 because they haven't evaluated him. (At least that's what I think)

If I agree to anything that makes the scouting sites look bad I get hounded by their minions, so I won't say that this guy is definitely not a 1 star prospect, even though he is.

• Content Count:  104
  • Days Won:  0

If I agree to anything that makes the scouting sites look bad I get hounded by their minions, so I won't say that this guy is definitely not a 1 star prospect, even though he is.

My understanding is that Scout doesnt have 1 stars. 1 star just means that he hasn't been evaluated. The worst an evaluated player can get is 2 stars.

My understanding is that Scout doesnt have 1 stars. 1 star just means that he hasn't been evaluated. The worst an evaluated player can get is 2 stars.

Oh wise scouting service. Give him a ranking when you haven't ranked him. Makes sense, huh? You know Pat White was given a 2 star ranking?

I think USF will probably offer him if better recruiting options don't pan out.

I agree, I think he is a safety net if we aren't getting Green.

Archived