• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hall Says He Could Leave Early for NFL

Guest HowieP1

Guest HowieP1

Hall Says He Could Leave Early

By BRETT McMURPHY bmcmurphy@tampatrib.com

Published: Dec 5, 2004

TAMPA - South Florida junior running back Andre Hall said Saturday he's considering skipping his senior year and making himself eligible for the NFL draft.

Hall said he plans to speak with his family, Coach Jim Leavitt and running backs coach Carl Franks before making a decision. He also wants to petition the NFL to get an idea where he would be selected.

``If I [am projected] in the top three rounds, I'll go [pro],'' Hall said. ``But I'm going to talk with everyone first. I'm going to listen to all my choices and see what's best.''

Hall entered Saturday's game with Pittsburgh as the nation's ninth-leading rusher and his 6.52 yards per carry was the nation's fourth-best average.

The 5-foot-10, 205-pounder had surpassed 100 yards the previous four games, averaging 181 in that span. However, because his test schedule caused him to miss practice this week, Leavitt instead started senior Clenton Crossley.

Hall also said he was suffering from neck spasms this week.

``We weren't sure he was going to play,'' Leavitt said.

After sitting out the first quarter against Pittsburgh, Hall had 85 yards on 15 carries. He finished the season with a school-record 1,357 yards, the sixth-best total in Conference USA history.

Hall, who came to USF from Garden City (Kan.) Community College, also ranks second on USF's career chart.

If Hall opts for the NFL, he would be only the second Bull to leave early. In 2003, defensive end Shurron Pierson left after his junior year and was a fourth-round pick of the Oakland Raiders.

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGBA5EDPC2E.html

Also, heralded HS RB Andre Copland is leaving USF:

Copeland Departs; Lewis Will Transfer

Published: Dec 5, 2004

TAMPA - South Florida freshman RB Andre Copeland has left the program and junior WR C.J. Lewis said he will transfer to another school.

Copeland played in USF's first two games this season, but missed the rest of the season with an injury.

Copeland, who rushed for 1,725 yards as a senior at Lake City Columbia, had five carries for 3 yards. Lewis had no receptions in three seasons at USF.

``I'll do some homework and hopefully be able to hook on with another school,'' Lewis said.

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGBEUWWJC2E.html

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

I hope he stays and has a great (full) season and shows consistency and ups his stock. We will really need him next year.

Guest wildrover

I really hope that doesn't happen, if he stays, I have to think next year his exposure will increase upping his stock even more.  Coming from USF, and the bad season we had I don't think he' go in the first three rounds, next year with more expsure and hopefully a better team,  the first three rounds will be a given for him.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

See Pierson, Shurron.

Not sure if the reasoning is academics, but it sure pays to have an education to fall back on.  

If Shurron could have stayed another year, he would have been in much better shape now.  And, perhaps, us.

Guest HowieP1

I also think Hall would be better waiting an extra year before entering the NFL draft, but he may think that with three new starters on the OL and playing against tougher competition he might not have as good a year.

In any event, I'm  just keeping my fingers crossed that Terrance Jones qualifies for January enrollment and STILL wants to play for USF. Andre Copland leaving the program REALLY bothers me, and I hope it doesn't start a trend of losing quality players.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  143

I dont think Andre should jump to the NFL.  Pierson did the same thing and he did not do too well after having great seasons at USF.  I hope he'll make the right decision and stay with us.  Should get more exposure next in the BIG EAST to help up his stock.

GO BULLS!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Do we know why those other players are leaving?

Obviously playing time is Lewis and Copeland ...  ??? Leavitt runs a hard ship so maybe that's it ... don't know.

Hall needs to stay for himself ... he did not have the kind of year on stats or exposure to get the Top 3 Rounds ... if he stays ... depending on OC (see Leavitt chat) Hall could have an AWESOME year assurring him as a Top RB in 2006 draft ... wait one more year.

One thing about Hall, he seems to be the nicest guy on the field ... always helping people up. He stays motivated throughout the game and seems to be a great team player. And I love the way he stands on the field while waiting for the call  ;D

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

so much for all the great recruits

they are all leaving

hall would  be making a mistake to leave but if he is having academic problems he  has no choice

if hall leaves who is heir apparent?

why would copeland leave if hall leaves

lewis must have sucked to not be able to get the field with the recievers we have and playing 4 wrs most of the time

copeland leaving is a concern

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

If he petitions the NFL he will find that he would not be drafted in the first three rounds this year.  I think he is more like a 5th round type unless he can really impress at the combine, which with all the other studs at RB going into the draft it will be hard to stand out