• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

former usf football coaches

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I wished Canales would have gone back to the no huddle offense, especially with Daniels at QB and as the OL went away with injuries.  Young QB, young OL, take aways as many options as possible.  Give the same set, have the line move forward or back, and let force the defense to stay on the field.

Play call is his fault, the results can be shared with the circumstances.

You can't do it with an inexperienced QB that doesn't have great accuracy and doesn't read defenses well. As it was, we were already asking too much of our defense with way too many 3-and-outs.

Probably could have done it with MG, and I suspect he may have pulled it out of the hat at FSU if Grothe had not gone down. I remember Grothe being very excited about the offense, if it was the same as before, I don't think he would have voiced his excitement so much.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,659
  • Days Won:  29

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

The five assistant football coaches not retained by new head coach Skip Holtz this week will be paid at their regular salary for up to four months, or until they take another coaching job.

USF has gone through its first coaching change in its 14-year history, with head coach Jim Leavitt fired Jan. 8 and Holtz hired six days later. The five assistants cut loose -- offensive coordinator Mike Canales, defensive coordinator Joe Tresey, linebackers coach and co-defensive coordinator David Blackwell, special teams coach John Hendrick and co-offensive line coach Mike Simmonds -- would be paid a total of $266,667 if they were paid the full four months' salary.

Guest nybullsfan

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

The five assistant football coaches not retained by new head coach Skip Holtz this week will be paid at their regular salary for up to four months, or until they take another coaching job.

USF has gone through its first coaching change in its 14-year history, with head coach Jim Leavitt fired Jan. 8 and Holtz hired six days later. The five assistants cut loose -- offensive coordinator Mike Canales, defensive coordinator Joe Tresey, linebackers coach and co-defensive coordinator David Blackwell, special teams coach John Hendrick and co-offensive line coach Mike Simmonds -- would be paid a total of $266,667 if they were paid the full four months' salary.

Seems like a good move to me, but I wonder what the industry average is. If it's 6 months, we're going to be see as cheap, if it's 2 weeks, we're going to be seen as very generous.

Archived