• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt to OU?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  0

You don't know much about Sooner Nation, do you?

I do!

So...do tell sir

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,757

I hope Leavitt gets a nice job in coaching soon after he gets a big settlement for USF.

Are you just hoping to see how far back we can set athletics at USF?

So you found a few politically correct malcontents.  Big whoop.  Who do you thing Stoops is going to believe, his close friend of 25+  years or a 20 year old lying sociopath with a history of trouble?

Bob Stoops can do any thing he wants as long as he keeps winning.  With his $4 million salary he is no doubt the most powerful man in the building.

Bob Stoops is the most powerful man in the building, but I can assure you He is also the smartest man in the building.

IF he were to hire Leavitt, it would certainly have conditions...not to mention the fact that Leavitt would be the most over qualified D-Line coach in NCAA football.

Bob has been known to give people a second chance. I personally don't think it is too far fetched to think that Jim Leavitt deserves the opportunity to rebuild his character and the perception of his mentality.

As far as Sooner Nation goes...I think you will find it probably splits 60/40 on how fans feel about hiring Leavitt.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Hope Leavitt gets the job, and I hope he gets a nice settlment from USF. Afterall, I think he deserves it after what all he has done for USF. The first ever coach that taught all of us USF fans not to settle for less.

leavitt is lucky he isnt i jail for battery

usf owes him nothing

Nah...20 year old lying sociopaths do not make good witnesses.

You might want to curtail the labels, Miller's lawyer might be reading these boards.

I'm sure Cohen is too busy trying to punch holes in Hearn's story ...

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Wow, so now Cohen can punch holes through reality or the whole space-time continuum.  Who is the guy.........Buckaroo Banzai?

Wow, so now Cohen can punch holes through reality or the whole space-time continuum.  Who is the guy.........Buckaroo Banzai?

Please note the specific use of the word 'trying" .... Buckaroo Banzai .... nice.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Boosters would want Stoops neck if they did that now.

Better then you think you do, but that is true of just about everything you spew on this board. They don't want someone who hits the students teaching their kids. And these are from the ones that don't know the full extent of the story either.

http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2010/01/18/if-not-jeffcoat-what-about-ruffin-mcneill-or-jim-leavitt/

Comment by Sooner in FLA on January 18, 2010 @ 6:07 pm

Leave Leavitt burn in Tampa. We don’t need him or his baggage in Norman.

Comment by bury switzer on January 18, 2010 @ 7:47 pm

Of course Levitt would be a perfect fit. All he did was hit one of his players in the face (twice), lied about it, and then got fired for it. That’s nothing compared to a lot of what goes on at ou.

Comment by Nerole on January 19, 2010 @ 4:14 am

The story on Leavitt reported in the Tampa area newspapers was that he met the young player involved at midnight in a church parking lot to get their stories straight when the player decided to lie for him. Not a coach I would want in a program.

From scout.com Sooner board

* okcoachten

Posted: Yesterday 10:29 AM

Re: South Florida's Jim Leavitt to replace Chris Wilson?

not sure any coach at this time who has some baggage with respect to the treatment of his players would go very well with Joe C.  Obviously he did a good job with the program, and he has a history with Stoops, but we have a good public image now and I wonder how parents would respond to his coming into their home to recruit their son.

* Atruesooner

posted: Yesterday 10:57 AM

I was thinking the same thing.

So you found a few politically correct malcontents.  Big whoop.  Who do you thing Stoops is going to believe, his close friend of 25+  years or a 20 year old lying sociopath with a history of trouble?

Bob Stoops can do any thing he wants as long as he keeps winning.  With his $4 million salary he is no doubt the most powerful man in the building.

Well there is something bigger then Stoops and that's public perception. The Sooner fans that know what is going on don't want Leavitt, the ones that are barely knowledgeable, who don't know the specifics, are more open. Woody Hayes was the most important man in college football when he got the axe. There is always someone more powerful then "the most powerful man in the building".  And they are the ones that control the salary.

I find it interesting that you quoted the kind of grumps and malcontents who comment on newspaper stories to try and back your view. Haven't you seen how ridiculous the people are who comment on Greg's blog? Would you trust their word on anything?

• Content Count:  444

Today, coach was spotted on a USAIR flight from Charlotte to Tampa.  Perhaps he is being considered to head up the UNCC football program relaunch?  He would fit the bill well.

Boosters would want Stoops neck if they did that now.

Better then you think you do, but that is true of just about everything you spew on this board. They don't want someone who hits the students teaching their kids. And these are from the ones that don't know the full extent of the story either.

http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2010/01/18/if-not-jeffcoat-what-about-ruffin-mcneill-or-jim-leavitt/

Comment by Sooner in FLA on January 18, 2010 @ 6:07 pm

Leave Leavitt burn in Tampa. We don’t need him or his baggage in Norman.

Comment by bury switzer on January 18, 2010 @ 7:47 pm

Of course Levitt would be a perfect fit. All he did was hit one of his players in the face (twice), lied about it, and then got fired for it. That’s nothing compared to a lot of what goes on at ou.

Comment by Nerole on January 19, 2010 @ 4:14 am

The story on Leavitt reported in the Tampa area newspapers was that he met the young player involved at midnight in a church parking lot to get their stories straight when the player decided to lie for him. Not a coach I would want in a program.

From scout.com Sooner board

* okcoachten

Posted: Yesterday 10:29 AM

not sure any coach at this time who has some baggage with respect to the treatment of his players would go very well with Joe C.  Obviously he did a good job with the program, and he has a history with Stoops, but we have a good public image now and I wonder how parents would respond to his coming into their home to recruit their son.

* Atruesooner

posted: Yesterday 10:57 AM

I was thinking the same thing.

Well there is something bigger then Stoops and that's public perception. The Sooner fans that know what is going on don't want Leavitt, the ones that are barely knowledgeable, who don't know the specifics, are more open. Woody Hayes was the most important man in college football when he got the axe. There is always someone more powerful then "the most powerful man in the building".  And they are the ones that control the salary.

I find it interesting that you quoted the kind of grumps and malcontents who comment on newspaper stories to try and back your view. Haven't you seen how ridiculous the people are who comment on Greg's blog? Would you trust their word on anything?

Also interesting that he tossed in there an allusion to the outright lie that BM and the world class liar Erskin ran with that gave an even darker picture to the story ...

Bob Stoops is the most powerful man in the building, but I can assure you He is also the smartest man in the building.

IF he were to hire Leavitt, it would certainly have conditions...not to mention the fact that Leavitt would be the most over qualified D-Line coach in NCAA football.

Bob has been known to give people a second chance. I personally don't think it is too far fetched to think that Jim Leavitt deserves the opportunity to rebuild his character and the perception of his mentality.

As far as Sooner Nation goes...I think you will find it probably splits 60/40 on how fans feel about hiring Leavitt.

Obviously you've never seen Brent Venables on the OU sidelines.

Of course I have...I don't really get your point...Venables is one of the BEST Defensive Coordinators in College Football

Brent is animated...no doubt about that, but his record speaks for itself

Archived