• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Really Pleased With Our Coaching Search

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  578
  • Days Won:  0

Being in the middle of it (fan of USF and living off of every speculation/rumor), it was really hard to appreciate the great job that was done by Woolard, Selmon, and all the others involved in this process. Of the three most recent job openings to be filled, I would have found it awfully difficult to believe we'd land a better coach than both USC and Tennessee. We came out of this smelling like a rose and both of the aforementioned programs have some what of a PR black eye.

I'm not going to pretend that everything I read is true but USC was publicly turned down by 4 coaches and Tennessee was turned down by at least 2 coaches. Now whether they were offered the jobs is irrelevant as these coaches in question released statements stating their disinterest and it was picked up by the media. Most glaringly Tennessee, was turned down by the head coach of Air Force and Duke! Derek Dooley (LaTech HC) has an overall record of 17-20 and went 4-8 last year as a member of the WAC.

• Content Count:  578

**** can you merge this with Slick's thread. Great minds must think alike.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

totally agree. woolard set his sights on a realistic target then went out and got him. one week after firing a coach, they introduce the new one. with all that was going on, I feel they did a bang up job and got a good one too.

• Content Count:  684

Gotta give them an A+ for the coach they brought in!

Archived