• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Meyer Chooses.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  382
  • Days Won:  0

It is an event like this that will further ND to look for conference affiliation.  The Gators will be loaded with talent and will be a quicker path to a NC and exposure for Meyer.  Yes, ND gives you exposure but not the right kind these days.  ND is further down the ladder than most think at this point and will soon look to a conference to bail them out.  T

I disagree.  Even though Notre Dame has been down, they are still the Univ of Football.  They are just about the only school that is able to recruit from every state.  I think their decline is more of a result of their high academic standards for recruits rather than not being in a conference.  They do not have any trouble filling out a schedule, getting bowl invites, TV contracts etc.  Since they are not in a conference, they do not have to share any money either.  They won't join a conference.

P.S.  Notre Dame sucks.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

This is a good move on the Gators' part.  Meyer has shown that he can get immediate results at both Bowling Green and Utah.. and that's what the boosters and fans want.

ND is losing it's luster and I wouldn't be surprised to see them join the NBE as I can't imagine that their TV deal will be any better than what they can get through the conference, if it's renewed at all.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

wasn't nd's tv deal renewed already

he will not win a championship with this gator team

now if he recruits well  for next 2 years is another story

nd will not join conference as long as bcs gives them sweet deal

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

If Meyer does not win an SEC title within 2 years, he will be gone as well. Gator expectations are as lofty as Nebraska supporters.

And they are LOADED with talent and will continue to get the talent. Unlike Zook-- who was left a pretty empty cabinet by SS who admittedly did not like the recruiting portion of the job-- Meyer inherits a very deep team and will not face the SS comparisons that Zook also had to deal with. Zook wasn't the worlds best coach but he is an excellent recruiter.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

i am not so sure they have all that talent right now

Are you crazy?  I don't know a team in the country with more talent.  They would have been one of the favorites for the NC even if Zook stayed next year.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Notre Dame demands academic achievment in addition to the high expectations that come with any top football program. In today's recruiting environment it's virtually impossible to attain everything Notre Dame wants. I don't blame Meyer for steering clear of Notre Dame.

Guest FreaKnight!

(smazza impersonation)

meyer and uf's new president have a relationship (uf's new president was Utah's president who hired meyer at utah before leaving to go to uf)

meyer's wife and uf's president's wife are good friends

women rule the world behind the scenes

uf offered 1 million more reasons for meyer

this isn't that complicated to see why meyer chose uf over notre dame

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

welcome to the hot seat

expectations will be high

not as high as notre 'golden domeless' dame

'win, but win without the resources.'

holtz almost got randy moss to ND, is that what got him fired?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

What's interesting is that Meyer said the UF thging had been in the works since their rivalry game ....... I thought Foley said they were waiting until after the reg season to contact current coaches ......... Typical lying bag of Gayturd crap.