• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mark Whipple, The U's OC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  508
  • Days Won:  1

His name is coming up lately... This name does not bring any excitement.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  11
  • Days Won:  0

NFL position coach (Big Ben and McNabb)

former head coach (won 1 (maybe 2) MNC. (Not D1-a)

Drastrically improved Thug U's offense statistically

I'll take it.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i'd take whipple in a second

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Pass.  If we're hiring older assistant coaches from in-state BCS schools then I'd prefer McCarney. 

• Content Count:  879

i'd take whipple in a second

Me too

Me three.  He's done a super job with Miami.  I like him.

• Content Count:  11

My brother (Thug U fan) sent me this:

University of Miami offensive coordinator Mark Whipple has emerged as the leading candidate for the head coaching job at the University of South Florida, multiple sources told CaneSport Wednesday night.

Whipple has been on the radar screen for a few jobs this off-season, particularly the position at Cincinatti. But South Florida's interest in Whipple is far more serious and CaneSport learned Wednesday that Whipple has either been offered the job or will likely be offered it on Thursday.

In the meantime, CaneSport also learned Wednesday that Whipple is on the list of candidates to replace Lane Kiffin at Tennessee and also has been the subject of interest for offensive coordinator positions in the National Football League, increasing the liklihood he is on the way out at UM.

East Carolina Coach Skip Holtz was believed to be the leading finalist at South Florida. But sources told CaneSport that Whipple, Florida assistant Dan McCarney and Michigan Assistant Head Coach Calvin Magee actually have been the most serious candidates in the past 12 hours.

A Whipple departure at this point would be particularly frustrating for Coach Randy Shannon after the instrumental role Whipple played in helping the Hurricanes climb to nine wins this season.

At the same time, the concept that Whipple will get a head job is considered inevitable within the inner sanctum of UM football.

Magee is the offensive coordinator under Rich Rodriguez at Michigan and was named the nation's top assistant in 2007 while at West Virginia. He is the line minority candidate at USF.

McCarney is the Assistant Head Coach and defensive line coach at Florida. He spent a year at USF in 2007 after serving as Head Coach at Iowa State for nine seasons from 1995 to 2006.

Former Clemson Coach Tommy Bowden has also been trying to land the USF job.

• Content Count:  579

Out of the other guys being mentioned, I'll say Sure. Appears a more solid hire than Magee or McCarney. Has an Offensive mind, proven winner and Florida ties. Plus his name rhymes with Dark Ripples.  Where the R in Ripples is an N.

Out of the other guys being mentioned, I'll say Sure.  Appears a more solid hire than Magee or McCarney.  Has an Offensive mind, proven winner and Florida ties. Plus his name rhymes with Dark Ripples.

this

Archived