• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip Holtz - New ECU Head Football Coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  61
  • Days Won:  0

Skip Holtz is the newest head coach of the Pirate intercollegiate football program at East Carolina University.

Pirate Radio 1250 AM

http://www.pirateradio1250.com

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

In case you're like me and you're don't know him...

http://uscsports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/holtz_skip00.html

NAM37

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Somehow i think those ECU fans posting on the CUSA board will not be happy, they were expecting a bigger name.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Wow....with a hire like that the SEC, nevermind the Big East should kickout one of it's teams to let the Fighting Pirates from ECU into their BCS league. Truly a monumental hire, one for the ages. In my book Holtz is up there with the all time coaching legends of the modern era. He is a great motivator and his teams always find a way to win. Nice job ECU!!

Hey wait a minute.....what do you mean it's not Lou Holtz? Who the hell is Skip Holtz? Is that lackey still coaching?

I guess his daddy pulled some strings to get him this gig and by the same process he can get Skippy to finally move out on his own.

• Topic Count:  236
  • Content Count:  1,797

Oh my.  Skip got DEMOTED from offensive coordinator by daddy a couple of years ago.  Man.  I guess ECU got their bargain coach.

Good luck in C-DOA fellas.

Normal   ::goodbye::

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Budget concerns ? are they hoping Skippy will bring daddy outta retirement ?

VERY Weak hire.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

ecu will still be  bad if skip holtz,lou holtz or skip carey coaches ecu all at once

NormalBull:

Good luck in C-DOA fellas.

Normal   ::goodbye::

Regarding the conference situation pertaining to ECU, there is speculative hearsay permeating throughout the World Wide Web that East Carolina University is preparing to join the Big East Conference on an all-sports basis.

Specifically, prior to the ECU/NCSU intercollegiate football game at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, Mr. Terry Holland (ECU Director of Intercollegiate Athletics) reportedly received a telephone call from Big East Conference Commissioner Michael Tranghese.

While the nature of the aforementioned telephone call was to provide glowing references on Skip Holtz's candidacy for the head coaching vacancy at ECU, the contextual nature of the discussion evolved into a conference expansion-related issue.

According to PirateRadio1250.Com, Talk1070.Com and the Bonesville.Net online news service, the invitation to join the Big East Conference will be extended to East Carolina University within the imminent future. In particular, WNCT Channel Nine's Brian Bailey, Sports Director for Greenville's local CBS News affiliate network, confirmed the reports to which I am referring.

As one might recall, ECU was a possible consideration as a charter institution of the Big East Conference when the conference's constituent institutions opted to select the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University over ECU at the Conference's inception.

Moreover, there is a keen, albeit remote, possibility that the University of Notre Dame will join the Big East Conference on a football-exclusive basis as well.

Once again, please allow me to clarify that I am not disseminating the aforementioned conference expansion-related hearsay on a proverbial whim nor am I stating on the record that the events will unfold as I have indicated in my posting. However, three separate, yet reputable mass media sources, are reporting similar artifacts of information.

On a dissenting tangent of discussion, I am hoping that the University of South Florida will deliver a decisive victory to the Pittsburgh Panthers tomorrow morning on Saturday, December 3,  to close the 2004 intercollegiate football campaign.

Go Bulls & Pirates!

WIXT Nine News in Syracuse, New York, is reporting that East Carolina University has been invited to join the Big East Conference as a football-only constituent institution.