• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rate the Coaches. Worse Better or Same As Leavitt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I am thinking Skip is probably about even with Leavitt. Fulmer, better, might be the best chance at a NC run and he stated publicly, if there is school that wants to make a run at the NC, here he is.

• Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I dont think Fulmer has it anymore. I would rather take my chances with Terry Bowden to tell you the truth.

• Content Count:  52
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think Fulmer has it anymore. I would rather take my chances with Terry Bowden to tell you the truth.

Alot of people are saying fulmer don't have it anymore...but i disagree, i mean the man only had 2 loosing seasons at Tenn. 2008 and 2005. and i think he isn't even 60 yet, he just looks older cuz of the weight. He's a great recruiter and won a lot of games(in a tough sec) IMO i would love to have him....over holtz and bowden.

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

In my mind, there are 4 key aspects for a head coach:

1)  Coaching/Game Day prep

2)  Ability to build quality staff around you

3)  Ability to recruit

4)  Ability to raise $$$$/boosters 

I think Fulmer is better in all 4 than Leavitt (or could be).  Either Bowden would be better at 3 & 4, questionably better on the first 2.  Holtz I think would be better in 1, but ?'s for the others.  Fedora seems to be a great recruiter, but not sure if he's shown anything else at Southern Miss yet.  MaGee I have no idea on any of these.  Same goes for any of the other coordinators (Malzahn, Smart, etc...).

Archived