• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maybe the best coaching hire

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

We should hire from inside our conference. Could we hire Greg Schiano and his whole staff? We cant beat Rutgers to save our lives and Schianos connections to the state of Florida would help recruiting. The problem this year was that our head coach was our most physical cat on the team. You can't win too many games in the big east conference or any other league like that.

• Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

Horrible post!  I hate Schiano and just throw up at the thought of this!

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

I was going to post this but felt  that it would have got lost in another thread. The reason why I would love to see this happen is it would get absolute revenge against Rutgers for stealing that FIU game. There are no conference rules for going after another coach, so I would love to see USF steal Schiano. This guy had a tougher job than Golden in building up a Rutgers program. Rutgers was at the bottom with Temple when he took over. As we know, BIG EAST is much harder to build a program than Temple building in the MAC. Something that USF basketball is going through right now in building in BIG EAST conference. Schiano did it with Florida recruits. He knows Florida, and he is inovative in marketing as he had the idea of putting up billboards in Miami and Tampa. He is more than likely holding out for the Penn St job though, so it is another pipe dream.

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Dont delete this post as Schiano is a great coach whether you like him or not. He can recruit, and he is building a power at Rutgers of all places. Schiano wont give USF the time of day though.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Schiano is staying at Rutgers until Penn State job opens up for him. 

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

why would schiano make a lateral move to a school that they own.

Archived