• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Canada bans most US-bound carry-on bags following Christmas attack

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Transport Canada said Monday that passengers may only carry medical devices, small purses, cameras, laptop computers, canes, walkers, diaper bags, musical instruments and bags containing "life-sustaining items."

Don't understand the importance of these items.

Some weeks I do most of my work on a laptop in flight.  If you are in the air 20 hours one week and cannot use your laptop that would be an incredibly unproductive week.

Me thinks perhaps though it has more to do with airlines not wanting the liability of delicate electronics and musical instruments checked.

That's correct.  There is no way in hell that I would check my Fender Telecaster, and it's not even a high-end guitar.  One decent drop and your instrument is screwed.  If I can't carry on my guitar, I'd rather ship it UPS with insurance.

I can't take the risk of MIKE dropping my stuff!!!  lol =p I love ya, Mike

• Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  0

Transport Canada said Monday that passengers may only carry medical devices, small purses, cameras, laptop computers, canes, walkers, diaper bags, musical instruments and bags containing "life-sustaining items."

Don't understand the importance of these items.

Some weeks I do most of my work on a laptop in flight.  If you are in the air 20 hours one week and cannot use your laptop that would be an incredibly unproductive week.

Me thinks perhaps though it has more to do with airlines not wanting the liability of delicate electronics and musical instruments checked.

That's correct.  There is no way in hell that I would check my Fender Telecaster, and it's not even a high-end guitar.  One decent drop and your instrument is screwed.  If I can't carry on my guitar, I'd rather ship it UPS with insurance.

I can't take the risk of MIKE dropping my stuff!!!  lol =p I love ya, Mike

So true!! Trust me, this is how they treat your checked items:  :chair

LOL, sorry to tell your secrets Mike!

• Content Count:  233
  • Days Won:  0

Don't let the stupid commercials fool you, I hate your bags.

Bonus tip, don't ever put a fragile label on anything.

Funniest thing I ever saw written on a bag was "dear ramp guys, I know how you treat bags and boxes so please handle mine with care love you guys (some girls name I can't remember)" Only Southwest bag that ever ended up on a international flight.

Cheers

Mike

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

LOLOLOL

Archived