• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TCU and Boise State hosed

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  236
  • Days Won:  0

Just thought it was a little bit of miff for those guys having to get a rematch and not getting the opportunity to knock off a big boy.  BCS scared, revenue, etc.  i guess by putting them both in the same game they figure they could get rid of the little guys and avoid a potential for two disastrous upsets against BCS teams

pretty good discusion about it at ESPN.  about 2k comments so far compared to like 400 for the other big bowls 

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4720430

• Content Count:  2,726

It's complete and utter BULLSH!T!!!

These teams should be allowed to play REAL teams.

ok...maybe not Boise...but TCU for SURE!!!

And im getting sick of them having Cincy in the same sentence as TCU and Boise.  WHEN ARE THEY GONNA LEARN THAT CINCY IS FOR REAL!!!

Maybe in the sugar...  ;)

GO BULLS!!!

ya i hope that cincy wins the sugar, that would probably make my year.  i just dont see them having the offense to stop timmy and the boys.  but who knows, they do put up a lotta of points and i thought they were cooked after getting down to PITT. guess they know how to make adjustments at the half and get motivated for big games....*sigh*

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Should be

Fiesta...Boise State vs Cincinnati

Sugar...Florida vs TCU

Those would be much better games.

• Content Count:  2,363

They made the Fiesta Bowl the "Colored Only" section of the BCS.

a bit much

a bit much

i dunno, thats what it feels like to me.  Ivan Maisel had this to say about the situation:

"Texas coach Mack Brown spins so well that if he owned ice skates, he'd be favored to medal in Vancouver. Maybe when the disbelief evaporates and my jaw returns to its upright position, I'll return to thinking that the Longhorns deserve to play in the BCS National Championship Game. But the slapstick finish to the Nebraska game, coupled with the inability to put mediocre Texas A&M away the week before, are reason enough to believe that the wrong team from Texas will play Alabama."

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

here comes congress to straighten out ncaa

congress needs to reign in ncaa

too much $$$$ at stake and lots of state and federal money involved so congress has every right to get involved

too much $$$$ at stake and lots of state and federal money involved so congress has every right to get involved

I'm fully aware this may end up in the Mad Cow Lounge, but  SERIOUSLY???

I may not be a lawyer like you, but I've read the Constitution a couple times and I'm pretty sure that right is no where in Article I or any of the 27 amendments or anywhere else for that matter. I'll take the 10th on this one...

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Costitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

I'm sure Congress has much better things to be doing right now, such as fixing the deficit, tackling immigration, healthcare reform. Deciding how a national champion is crowned is no where near that list.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I'm fully aware this may end up in the Mad Cow Lounge, but  SERIOUSLY???

I may not be a lawyer like you, but I've read the Constitution a couple times and I'm pretty sure that right is no where in Article I or any of the 27 amendments or anywhere else for that matter. I'll take the 10th on this one...

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Costitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

I'm sure Congress has much better things to be doing right now, such as fixing the deficit, tackling immigration, healthcare reform. Deciding how a national champion is crowned is no where near that list.

this is exactly what congress needs to get involved with

too much money and lives at stake

congress really doesnt have many better things to do

Archived