• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

4th and 1 at the 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

Its now 8 p.m., hours after the game and I still cant understand the play call when it's 4th and 1, we decide to call a pitch play with only SJ Green out there blocking.  Why not run the same play we scored on when Jackie Chambers decided to call a bone head time out?

I just couldnt believe the lack of energy that was out there this morning.  

My friend said it right, "they obviously dont want to go to a bowl game."

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it was pathetic

a nationally televised game

no enthusiasm

we need to recruit kids that want to win

we need leaders

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

What I don't understand are actually a few things.

We were blocking good enough for Hall to rack up another good game but three times we could not convert a 4th and 1?!

Also with that same logic, we know the defense is keying on hall on 4th and 1, why not play action to him?  QB rollout?  throw to tight end?  Oh yeah, we did.  

I just hate it when we can't convert on 4th and 1 twice and we think it will work on 4th and 1 from the 1.  And who the hell gave a freshman receiver permission to call a TO?  Let the QB run the play until you are a senior captain.  If the clock runs out, the QB gets the blame.  Took 7 points right off the board.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Coach was signaling for a timeout on the sideline... Chambers saw it... Julimeste didn't. If we didn't score on the initial play, we'd all be complaining about why we didn't call a timeout. It's a Catch -22.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  231

At this point in time I dont think our OC/Head Coach/entire football team doesn't trust Julmiste to deliever the ball and hit a wide out/tight end or RB....yeah they may have dropped them but they were still going to be short.  

He just doesn't know how to make the big plays.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

from the trib....

The most demoralizing short-yardage failure came early in the fourth quarter, with USF still within reach at 23-7. After driving 79 yards and facing fourth-and-goal from the 1, the Bulls blew two opportunities.

Clenton Crossley's 1-yard plunge for an apparent score was nullified when wide receiver Jackie Chambers called a timeout as the ball was being snapped.

USF was originally going to run a reverse, but when Memphis recognized it, Julmiste correctly checked into the right play. Not everyone was on the same page, however.

``It was a miscommunication,'' Julmiste said. ``I checked the play and we got the touchdown, but the timeout was called first.''

``When we got to the line, Memphis was yelling, `Reverse. Reverse. Reverse,' and shifted to stop the reverse,'' Hall said. ``So we checked to the [isolation] with the fullback.''

After the timeout, Hall was tackled for a 3-yard loss on a pitch to the left.

``If the offense can't get fourth-and-short, we don't deserve to win,'' Julmiste said.

WAIT>>>    WE WERE GOING TO RUN A REVERSE ON 4TH and 1 ON THE 1?????   A REVERSE????

how stupid is our OC??  ..... really... what goes through his head during the games?

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

I remember those reverses working in the past few seasons with DeJuan Green or Fisher. It is a gutsy call, but I believe it would have been better than that pitch back to Hall.  

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

I remember watching some of the FEW student in my section shouting "Julmiste--SUCKS!" and I noticed that he heard it and he called a time out.  I don't remember exactly where we were at, but 3rd down with less than 5 yds to go for a TD or so.  

I won't say that he called the time out because of the chants, but I think it had some kind of impact on it.  It honestly got me mad.  Ok, he's not the best of the QB's out there, but there should be no reason for students to be yelling at our QB like that.  It makes their confidence levels decrease which make one play worse.  They also should not have been yelling at him while he was trying to concentrate on the ball.  Some fans need to learn when to shut up! 

Oh, and we reached 4th and 1 after the play and surprise surprise, we didn't get it.